Room Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Temps

What is everyones Air Conditioner usually set at?

It'd be alright if I had some. :cry:

Comment

well i have one, but its no where near my room, hence no where near my comp :(
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

70 - 73 Degrees F, year round. Most buildings aren't efficient enough to keep the electrical bill from going out of control at that temp, BUT a house or building with excellent insulation and vapor barrier, become amazingly efficent once the temperature is lowered to around 70. And I'm referring to central air, not window A/C = junk. Horribly inefficient.

Our electric bill from normal house use only doubles during the hottest of months, which around here is 95 daytime, 80 at night, and very humid.

Comment

You can keep your electric bill down by educating yourself on how an air conditioner works. Most people don't know these, and therfore think AC is extremely expensive. But here are some key tips to maximize efficiency:

Air condition at night.
          Long AC cycles are far better than short cycles.
          Make sure your air filter isn't extremely clogged with dust.
          Make sure you use an air filter.
          Humidity is deadly to AC efficiency, so in humid areas, go through external doors quickly, use shower fans, etc. Anything that will promote dry air. DO NOT EVER open your windows on a 'cool' day in the middle of your A/C season. It may feel cool, BUT you are letting in tremendous amounts of moisture, which your AC unit will have to struggle for hours and hours just to remove the moisture BEFORE it can start to cool the room down again.

Comment

70-73 during the day...68-70 bedtime...: peace2:
            - Damien

Comment

I don't have a processor fan or a single casefan installed anywhere in my system...I just use the central air in my house. I take the sides off of my case and place it on the floor next to one of the vents. The heatsink on the CPU and the hard drives are ice cold to the touch. :p

Just be careful if you use this setup. If it gets too humid, you're looking for trouble. AC + Humidity = Condensation = ZAP! :eek:

Comment

I used to think that was the best way to cool my system...but now when i take away my side panel...my temps get higher immediately...case fans work and work good...: peace2:
                - Damien

Comment

lol I knew it......everyone has there AC's on average 70-73. My computer runs hot becuase my parents think it saves money. My AC is on average 78-80 during day and 81-82 at night. I lowered it to 77 and my parents threatened me that I'm gonna be paying 10% of the electric bill. Screw that........would it help if I put like 100CFM fans all over my case. I want my computer to be as room temperature as possible. during the day my processor is usually 105-107 but at night it can get as high as 113. NOT GOOD!!!

Comment

Not good at all RD... i know side fans do make a difference...80mm or 92mm...he is a lil experiment get a small table fan an point it at your closed case...and see what happen just for kicks try it out.
                    O dude what part of Florida are you from?: peace2:
                    - Damien

Comment

South Florida.........I already have a wind Tunnel Plus off of coolerguys.com I have 2 92MM fans on the side.......and exaust fans its really good. The thing is my room gets sooooooo hot because of my computer. During the winter its ok casue my room is nice and cozy =)

Comment

Same here we live in the same area so i can relate...I'm in Miami.: peace2:
                        - Damien

Comment

lol yup......I'm more in the FT. Lauderdale area.

Comment

Cool bro..raining today like a MOFO!:thumb:
                            - Damien

Comment

ya and lightning too.......my poor computer I had to turn her off..

Comment

Working...
                              X