No announcement yet.

Scaulding .... ?? why so hot goddamn it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaulding .... ?? why so hot goddamn it?

My PC is one hot muttha.

Its only an AMD 1ghz on an Asus A7A266-E.
    And my CPU Temp is 65-70 usually maybe 70+ under really heavy load. the lowest it goes is about 50. my mb temp is alwasy in the 30-35 zone. I have a DP5-6I11A coolermaster fan .. which I bought to replace the small coolermaster ...(its supposed to be 1.5ghz approved) but for gods sake Im starting to worry that my pc will explode.

I have recently overclocked my Geforce 3 to 225mhz core speed but the temperature was still just as hot b4 i did this.

My case is quite Old but that can't be the only reason can it?
    I've applied some thermal paste recently which did sweet FA.
    And I'm out of Ideas. I won't buy another fan yet cos i dont want to waste the money like i did with these two coolermasters.

Any Ideas?

cheers.

Omen that is certainly case cooling man...I had hot temps but those are outrageous. Don't get too worried...WiGGo and a few others say that ASUS' temps are out of this world...so you might be at an alright temp range...maybe not the best but not the worse either.: peace2:
    - Damien

Comment

Yes Asus are known for reporting higher than real temps though if your case isn't well ventilated the best HSF in the world won't keep it cool though there are much better HSF's out there than the one you're using. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Can you recommend any cheap decent ones??
        or ones u would recommend for my moterboard...(im thinking about upgrading to a 1900+ aswell ..)

thanks

Comment

I suggest using a Thermaltake Volcano 7+ to replace your current heat sink/fan. Also, using a higher CFM fan such as a Vantec Tornado will definitely increase the airflow in your case.

Hope this helps! :thumb:

Comment

Why don't you purchase some cheap 80mm fans and drill some holes (obviously measure your fans first) on your side panel.....i put two on my side panel and saw a major change.: peace2:
            - Damien

Comment

Bah, that aint hot.

Come replace a bleed valve in my car and scauld youself numerous times on the exhaust manifold.
              :)

Since youve got an Asus board, the asus doctor program that is reporting your temps is probably waaaay off its true temp.
              Go grab yourself Motherboard Monitor and see what your true temps are.
              Checking to make sure the heatsink is correctly installed and touching the core of the CPU might be in your best interest too.

Bleed valves are in a ******* of a spot too.

Comment

lol yea i got a HUGE difference when i modded 2 120mm fans in the side of my case:D

Comment

Working...
                X