Watercooling! WARNING - lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercooling! WARNING - lots of pics

Ok people, new here, so I thought I'd give you a run down on my system, and how it got that way.

I run an Intel P3 1ghz EB, currently at stock. I've only had this CPU for a week or two, and have already had a scare with it, thus it's at stock speed. Current load temp (with folding, IE, etc) is 23-25 degrees on the new scale, depending on what time of day it is. It's living in an AOpen AX6BC motherboard on an AOpen slocket converter.

More importantly however is the cooling :D Currently running at low capacity, low power, low risk mode, since a scare involving a PSU and a cloud of ozone haze. :(

Here we go... all pics are crap because they are taken with a netcam, alas I have no digi :( They do the job however. This is the whole setup :

MAZE waterblock used to cool the CPU directly :

Comment

WE WANT MORE PICS!!!!WE WANT MORE PICS!!!!WE WANT MORE PICS!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
      - Damien

Comment

Finally, this is my bong cooler. Smaller than most examples you see on the net, and therefore a little less effective, but I need portability. Yes, it has LANed before :) So yeah, that's my rig. I will be testing the limits of this new CPU soon enough, and will keep you all posted on the results.

Cheers,

Vindaloo

Comment

BADASS MAN!!!...like the rig a bit of a mess..but its all worth it huh.....?

Keep us updated on the temps and speeds!:thumb: : peace2:
          - Damien

Comment

Yeah, it's a mess but hey, it works :D

Flaco : will do. Hopefully I will experiment some more with a different type of evaporative cooler soon, and do a detailed run-down of it with some good pictures. That's long term, of course... but it never hurts to plan :)

Vinds.

PS... I wish I had your rig, some nice parts in there :) I'll do my sig properly soon.

Comment

Good deal man..and thanks for the compliment...I would like to have the balls you do to setup a cooling system like that man...Keep up the work dude...see ya around...:thumb:
              - Damien

Comment

haha yea taht's good stuff!:D
                btw what does the bong cooler thing do?
                :cheers:

Comment

I use the bong cooler instead of a radiator. The hot water runs thru the showerhead at the top of the cooler, turning into a fine spray. The heat from the water is then dissipated in the surrounding atmosphere. Check my article at www.overclockers.com.au for a bit more info, and also www.overclockers.com for the original ideas.

Sorry this is brief but I'm at work and not really sposed to be Tweakin on the job ... otherwise....

heh... :)

Vindaloo

Comment

wow taht's a really nice idea! neva herd of taht b4....good stuff:thumb:
                    anymore cool exotic cooling ideas to share?:D

Comment

Heh, just you wait :D

Check out the watercooling section of www.overclockers.com for some great ideas... or hardcore watercooling at www.procooling.com .

Enjoy :smokin:

Comment

mad thx...i'll be occupied for a while:cheers:

Comment

Yes ProCooling is a good site for info on extreme cooling techniques. :thumb:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

damn rite;)

Comment

Yes, ProCooling are indeed .... well, pros. They are partly the reason I watercool. Even though my rigs can't come close to matching theirs, I like to dream :D

My fav is Double Header 3 (I think). A massive WTX (yes, WTX) case with a 3 loop watercooling system with bleed tanks, refill taps, 3 separate water tanks and pumps and blocks, absolutely insane. 2 loops for 2 CPUs and 1 video card loop. I recommend you all check it out, when you have a spare hour or two!

Who's got a watercooled video card? I'm toying with ideas at the moment. Anyone ?

Comment

Working...
                              X