Geforce 2 mx overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce 2 mx overclocking

I want to overclock my Creative Geforce 2 MX to squeeze that last bit of life out of it. I know its a bit old now, but I've just got into the overclocking scene, and I'm wondering what kinda speeds you guys have achieved from the default core of 175 MHZ and Memory of 166 MHz.

cheers
    -steve-o

I haven't used that card, but my Hercules 3D Prophet II MX could hit 210/200 or better easily without artifacting.

Comment

Gf2 MX is a very weak card, and now with prices what they are you could get a GF2 GTS, or GF2 Ultra which both have triple the capability of that MX at resolutions 1024 and higher (games). That is a direct relation of power, I cite a benchmark at www.anandtech.com

And ebay's got barely used Gf2's for under 50 $

Comment

yea i'd really avoid buying a gf2mx now as it is very lacking in power for current games and for a bit more u can get a geforce 2 GTS/pro/ultra:cheers:

lol btw nice pic zeradul:D

Comment

Why would you want an old GF2 when GF4 MX440's are cheap and fast? :confused:
          They may not support DX8 but then neither do GF2's. :smokin:
          Just read this article where many video card comparisons can be found, http://www17.tomshardware.com/graphi...418/index.html .
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

lol hmm good point......:D
            all this thinking about gf2's has made me forget about the GF4mx:p *sheepish look*

Comment

I thought that may have been the case. :D

Comment

Hey people Im not buying a new Geforce 2 Mx, I've already got one, and the whole point is to use it to it's max by overclocking. Another thing, do you think it's worth chucking out my Geforce 2 for a Geforce 4 mx 440? Is the performance gain significant enough?

-steveo :afro:

Comment

Look at Wiggo's post with the chart...you decide if it gives you a performance boost...: peace2:
                  - Damien

Comment

Cheers, i'll definitely have a think about it...

steveo

Comment

Wow, I was wrong, GF4 MX's ARE as cheap as beastie GF2's.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2035014085

lol btw nice pic zeradul
                      See! someone got the joke! haha :D

Comment

lol yea! a good one at that:D
                        steveo...i wouldn't spend my money on a GF4mx440...i'd stretch a bit further or save a bit longer and get a ti4200...they are THE best value for performance card there is...and after u o/c it it 'll give a ti4600 a good run for its money..plus it suports DX8 and...and new games are FINALLY starting to take advantage of them....if u hope to play the next generation of games such as doom3 or UT 2003...don;t get a GF4mx:afro:

Comment

Working...
                        X