Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Retailer in Tasmania?

Hi,

I need a good retailer in Tassie. It's for my dad who lives in St. Helens, he was going to go to Harvey Norman but he read me the system specs out over the phone to me and it was a Celeron 1.2ghz, 128 mb SD-RAM, 40gig HDD and the big bonuses were the scanner and the printer (the mobo etc. weren't stated). They wanted $2000 for it !!!. I told him right away to go to a smaller retailer and give them a list of the parts you want and they'll put it together for you. Now i'm not so sure, he knows nothing about computers so if something goes wrong he will definately need to go back for support as i'm in Melbourne and possibly won't be able to help over the phone. A one off trip to Hobart would be OK to get the PC but if something went wrong he would have to go back down there, so it pretty much has to be in Launceston (or close to St.Helens). And that's why i'm thinking; should he just go to Harvey Norman even though the system is a total rip-off , or is there a good place near him with prices relatively low and good support - very important. I had a look at Stealth Tech's website and they state that they offer no support. So there you have it, if he has to go to Harvey then so be it, but he's not a rich man and it would be good to get the best of both worlds.

So where do you tassie people shop? or do you all order interstate?

PC Conection, they are reasonably priced for a retail store, they are in the center of town as well.
    Don't go to Central City Computers, they are the shop version of stealth, which instantly puts them on the dodgy list.

Comment

OK, they offer good support, or atleast seem like decent people?

Do they have a site?

Thanks mate:)

Comment

Yeah they are decent people, they have a guy called quinten there for just servicing and repairs.
        I don't know/think they will do off site servicing but you could ask
        Dont know there web site but if i go in in the near future i'll ask, there are/becoming a outlet for eyo (www.eyo.net.au) so you can get price ideas from there.
        if you want off site service you could go to plexus, but they are VERY dear for both parts and service.

Comment

Working...
        X