Safe Vcore for the P4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe Vcore for the P4

Okay, I'm not at all familiar with the Vcore of the Pentium 4 and it's safety ranges. I've got my 1.6A running at 2.24Ghz with a 1.6v Vcore and the stock Intel 'sink. Now my guess is that I can safely go up to 1.7 volts as necessary, and still stay decently cool. I've tried to find some decent reads on the web, but I'm not really coming up with anything.

I have not been keeping up with the P4 like I should, but my searches are turning out in vain.

N/m...I've found my answer:geek:

Comment

lol out of curiosity what vcore/mhz are u getting?;)

Comment

1.65V @ 2.24GHz, but it was failing prime 95 within an hour. I've got it currently @ 2.16GHz with a 5.75 Vcore and no errors in 12+ hours of Prime 95.

Comment

lol well in taht case hurri up and crank up teh voltage:D
          btw wat HSF are u using?

Comment

The stock one. Intel's 'sinks are pretty good and not too loud. I've seen the ongoing heatsink review at Dan's Data, and the P4 coolers are pretty close together. There are better ones, but they're not enough for me to want to switch this one out just yet.

Comment

hmm well is you do chnage, the best noise/peformance ratio is an apha PAL with a high speed 80mm panaflow:D

Comment

I've topped out at 2.32GHz and 1.575 volts. I had to play around with this board, but it's all good now.:D Now to OC that Radeon:D

Comment

Nice goin' Morgan. :thumb:

Comment

yea...get a better cooler and u mite hit 2.4-2.5ghz:D

Comment

Temps are fine, and looking at the upgrades from the stock heatsink, it's doubtful to get much better. I'm pretty happy with the OC though---too bad Intel stopped making them.:scream:

Comment

Well ya could have a look at this page Morgan, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p5.htm , down the botton of the column on the right are the two better ones. ;)
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

y dun u try jacking up the voltage more? or are u limited my fsb?
                          :cheers:

Comment

Tried upping the voltage, and I know it's not my RAM as it's running at HOST CLK+33, making it about 178 and I've set it @ CAS 2. I've tried the memory at the HOST CLK speed, but I still can't get it to remain stable @ a 150MHz FSB. I figure, if I can't get it up higher, I can just start tweakin the hell outta the memory.

Comment

ooooh ic now....well u can alawys get new ram:D
                              *cough* corsair *cough*

Comment

Working...
                              X