Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H and ACC in bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H and ACC in bios

Does this motherboard have the Advanced Clock Calibration in bios? I have F2 bios. I want to turn on the 4th core in my Phenon II X3 720BE cpu.This board has the 790GX northbrige and SB750 chipsets wich I thought all had the ACC entry in bios.
    What motherboard similiar to the UD4H would have the ACC bios entry? I might buy it instead.

Re: Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H and ACC in bios

It is in the BIOS for that board I just checked (F2D BIOS) >>>

It is also in this board as I remembered checking for someone else not long ago here >>>

Comment

I don't see the selection for ACC in bios in
      MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T) screen when I boot into setup.
      The selection on my bios screen starts with
      HT Link Frequency. The ACC should appear above this entry.

Do I need to unhide the ACC selection in bios using the program modbin6 and flash the bios? I thought the ACC selection would show up without any moding of the bios?

If I can get this to work then I won't have to buy another motherboard.

Comment

You may have to try the hotkey which I linked to the other thread, hoped you would check it out. Maybe you did not.

The hotkey is from the MAIN page of the BIOS hit Control + F1, then go into the MIT Section and see if you see the options

Comment

Lsdmeasap, thank you very very much! I bought and AMD Phenom II X3 720 cpu with a Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H motherboard, and after I read your posts on this forum, I was able to unlock the 4th core with ease. I registered and put you down as the referrer. Thanks again for the great information.

Btw, what do the + and - values on the cores due?

Comment

fyi, i upgraded the bios, and i cannot do it anymore... i can get the menu, but it won't show 4 cores anymore... i don't know why...

Comment

xantius, have you fully turned off your computer or just used the case button to do it?

it happened to me once, i had to cut the power from the PSU to make it detect the 4th core again...

maybe the mobo needs to lose all its power to completely load the new bios. try to unplug your PSU, wait a few secs and then plug it again!

Comment

just an update:

i downgraded, but it still didn't recognize 4th core... so, i increased the cpu voltage by 0.75v and north bridge voltage by 0.25v. 4th core works now, and I also overclocked it by 10%. Haven't updated the bios yet, because I want to install a game 1st, and see how it runs... I will install it after I play it a bit, and go from there...

pessotti, what bios version do you have?

Comment

im using F1 right now, because F2 makes my temps go wild... i dont know which one is reading the temps wrong... but better stay on the safe side, i kept F1!

are you going to do some nice overclocking?? im currently trying to push my CPU beyond 3.2GHz, increasing Vcore little by little....

surprisingly, to hit 3.2GHz i just set the multiplier to 16x with the stock vcore (1.25v)!!!!

now, im trying to reach the optimum vcore to stabilize at 3.4GHz (17x), around 1.3v

the next step is 17.5x, 18x and so on... i plan reaching 3.8GHz using an aftermarket cooler (xigmatek)

Comment

Those are some nice values!

I only got my hardware yesterday, and I spent all day and night installing operating systems. I installed Windows7 32bit with a 64bit key, hoping it would do the trick, but, of course, it did not... so I downloaded Windows7 64bit... but to get that to run, I had to install Nero... Long story short, I ran into an issue with Windows7 x64 installation: it kept hanging at 'Completing Installation'. So, the 3rd Windows7 x64 installation, after waiting 30mins at that stage, again (I tried different things, and last time, I unplugged anything that didn't need to be in), I decided to leave it on, and go to bed. In the morning, or, that same morning, when I woke up, it was installed, but it kept hanging when loading for about 2 minutes. After the bios update, and revert, it stopped hanging. Now I am installing 3DMark, and will play with the settings on daily basis :)

Comment

Last edited by xantius; 05-05-2009, 07:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Nice to see you have it working, do watch out for New BIOS's, I think AMD wants all manufacturers to remove this function. Here is some more info on this I found the other day >>
                        Digging For Clues... - Review Tom's Hardware : Phenom II: Unlocking Cores, Cache, And A Free Lunch

Comment

i got some bad news... well, kind of...

after updating my bios to f2, i was able to run all 4 cores when setting it to hybrid... but, then, my bios got corrupted. i got a new motherboard the next day, only to find out it wouldn't post. yesterday (it's 2:28am, friday, may 8th :), i took it in, and it turns out my cpu is deffective as well... i was sick of the headaches, so i turned it in for an i7 system, with 6gig tripple channel ram... i have 8 cores runnig now :) (well, 4, and 4 hyper-threating); but it looks cool when i start the 'task manager' and i click on the 'performance' tab. there are 8 little windows :)

i think that the last gigabyte bios messed up my system...

hope you run yours with X4, and succesfuly overclock the heat out of it :)

Comment

Ahh sorry to hear about that, nice to see you joined the Intel team

Comment

I installed Windows7 32bit with a 64bit key, hoping it would do the trick, but, of course, it did not... so I downloaded Windows7 64bit... but to get that to run.
                              Last edited by Darthtanion; 06-08-2009, 07:23 AM. Reason: Remove SPAM linkage

Comment

Working...
                              X