building problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building problems

im building a new pc from my old case(ATX) i have almost everything in except my video card and my modem....but my problem is i dont know where to plug in most of my plugs from the power supply, the wires for buttons and the lights, the ide cables....well pretty much everything.....can someone plz help me?
    thanks in advance...:wave:

Well its really not that hard. If it don't fit its not it. IDE CABLES slots are always missing one pin...make sure you insert the pin correctly, according to the cable missing hole...take a look at it and you will see what i am talking about. Also, if you have more than one drive instert the far end of the cable to the master the middle to slave and the other end to the MOBO. POWER SUPPLY cables have plenty of extensions for extra drives. Use the big ones for Cd-Rom, Cd-RW, Dvd, ..etc ..they have a Rounded off edge and a squared off edge; again make sure the you insert it in to the socket accordingly to the wire. They work like the Ide Cable use one "channel" for a set of drives. The floppy use a unique cable from the power supply which looks like the big one but is alot smaller; you can't miss it. As for the case ones i really can't tell you although you case must bring the wires labeled (should at least) an use your MOBO manual to install it properly.
    Maybe someone else can help you out with this situation. : peace2:

Anything else i can help you in lemme know.:thumb:
    - Damien

Comment

Most motherboard manufacturers have PDF files of the manuals for download.
      That may be a help.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yes that what motherboard manuals are for. :smokin:

Comment

thanks guys....that helps : party ha

Comment

but is there any chance i might plug the wrong ones in and fry the board or anything else? cause thats the last thing i want to do....hmm.......cause if there is i might not do it myself..i want to but....i dont have enough money to buy the parts again....thanks in advance...:wave:

Comment

Most motherboards have pretty good manuals in respect of the actual pinouts and are easy to follow. The LED connectors are usually the ones that you may have probs with but if ya get them around the wrong way it will be just the LED that won't work. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Dude with some sense of logic, a manual and a couple of balls you can do it. Just take your time and relax and go through step by step. You shouldn't have a problem. Now without a manual its a bit more difficult...and a User's Manual should be D/Led. : peace2:
                - Damien

Comment

Hooking it all up isn't exactly intuitive, and some manuals are indeed better than others.
                  You'll want to look for a very tiny arrow usually molded into the connectors from your LED's and switches, those little arrows indicate "pin1", that should correspond to the lower numbered pin you are plugging into.

For instance, if your HDD LED connects to pins #12 & #13, the end of the plug bearing the arrow will go to #12, and the other just naturally slips over #13.

Being as mistakes are found in mobo manuals:eek: You may find that there are markings for the connections on the motherboard itself. My rule of thumb is, if there is a conflict in information between the manual, and that printed on the board -- go with the markings on the motherboard first.

It is possible that all the buttons on the case may not have connections on the motherboard. For instance, if you can't find a connector for the Turbo, Wake or Sleep button, don't sweat it man. Those aren't really essential to the operation anyway.
                  Once you get the Power and Reset buttons hooked up, you'll have the neccesseties. And if you get the Power and HDD LED's hooked up, you'll have the pretty flashing light too:thumb:

Good luck to you dude!
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

One thing to check though is that does the PSU have what it takes for what your putting into it. :?:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks guys this really help me alot....if u need anything from me like a game, ftp, pub, dont hesatate to ask....: peace2:

thanks again...:wave:

Comment

So does that mean you were successful:?:

No problem dude, we live to serve:D

Comment

i was kinda suscessful i put everything together right....but i brought it to one of my firends old man..he knows alot about computers...cause i couldnt get it to work....and it turns out the only problem is that the switch on the back of the power supply was on 230v not 115v....so all we had to do was change it and she worked like a charm..but now i have another probelm i installed windows XP pro on to that computer useing his monitor and now it on my monitor and all i see is wavey and crazy whooie lines on my screen...does anyone know how i can fix this **********?:shoot2: lol thanks in advance...

Comment

I answered in the other thread. ;)

Comment

No problem A.M....we like to help...if we can...and as you can see for your self you can do it...you can build a 'puter by yourself..GJ man!:thumb:
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X