New System...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New System...

Take a look at this system I put together, what do you guys think? Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I already have a geforce4 ti4600 that I plan to put in it so here you go...

Thanks in advance for your input.

Do you really need a case that big as a PC65 would be enough really.
    Also better memory would that will do CAS2 at those speeds would be better plus a lot of Samsung falls short of its rating.
    Also why would ya want a black faced CDRW with a silver case? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I actually have an AMD rig in a PC65 right now and I thought the extra space would mean better airflow and lower case temps. As for the black drives, I thought they would look better than beige ones seeing as how I don't plan on painting them.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Hey fleshwound why are you getting two IDE cooler master cables?

Comment

HDD on one CDRW and/or DVD/CD ROM on other. :smokin:

Comment

I have a question which concearns my hypothetical situation. For example i have 1 hd and cdrw should i give each of these devices their own IDE cable or make one device master and the other slave using only 1 cable? Will i see a performance difference if i choose one of the 2 possibilities???

Comment

Yeah use each as the master on separate channels. If you mix on on channel then speed defaults to the slowest drive, eg CDRW. Also only one drive can be read/writen at a time so if both are on one channel then they have to take turns. :smokin:

Comment

Sonofa man i knew i should have ordered another set IDE cables, The epox 4G4A+ has only 1 IDE cable. :cry: I ordered all my stuff from newegg today looked over the list like 5 times then after everything was filled out i forgot the most important thing the anti-static wristrap $6 bucks for it and another $5.50for S&H. Man now I need to order the cables.

Comment

I've never used a anti-static wrist strap, and haven't killed anything yet. I do however, keep a hand on the chassis or power supply to ground myself with.

Comment

If you have a friend who is kind of a computer geek, you could probably borrow a spare IDE cable from him?

Comment

Static Electricity kills pc's. Thats what my A+ cert book says.

Morgan: One question though if you keep one hand on the PSU how do you manage to do everything with 1 hand? Lot's of practice???

Zeradul: Hey i'm getting this CD-RW CDRW 40X12X48|LITE ON LTR40125 RTL. A friend said it comes with IDE cables, Unfortunatly i wasnt able to confirm that info. Can ya help me?

Comment

I've never used a wrist strap myself but all PC work takes place on the kitchen bench where I just grab the metal plumbing now and again to discharge any static that I may pickup but wearing sensible clothing and footware will stop static build up anyway (no synthetics). :smokin:

Comment

o cool but eh 11 bucks its not that bad, looks like i'm set bought my computer my folks are buying me a printer now all i need is a good 19" monitor. Printer wise HP IMO has had good products over the years but i want a change, Lexmark any good? For the monitor I was loking at a Sony CRT, links:
                          HMD-A400/L
                          and
                          G420S

Comment

Sony monitors are good so long as you can ignore the two shadow lines made by the two damper wires (A lot of ppl can't ignore them). As for printers Canons are now the best available according to the reviews, and my personal opinion as well, for print quality and speed. Lexmarks are very noisey and slow (I own one of these as well). :smokin:

Comment

The advantages of lexmarks is that they talk to you
                              The dis-advantage is the head dryup if not in frequent use:mad:

Comment

Working...
                              X