CD-Burning Protection Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-Burning Protection Link

I am not one to loose links, but a while back someone posted a link to a site that had every CD burner, and information on each as far as what protections each complies with, or does not comply with.

I think Morgan Lander posted the link, but I have used the search technic, as well as attempting to find it on google, but I have had no luck. If you remember the link I am referring to I would appreciate it.

Thanks...

P.S. If you want to try your hand at using the forum's search tool, I think ML posted it, and I think it was in the last 4 months.

depends on what you are looking for really...

The CloneCD homepage (www.elby.de i think) has some good burner info on what burners CloneCD supports, and what each one is capable of.. Otherwise, another good resource used to be CDMediaWorld.com, but I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure how things are looking now...

Comment

Gamecopyworld.com have a link to protections that are currently out there, but I havnt checked it in a while so I dunno how up-to-date it is.
      I frequent cdfreaks.com a fair bit. Interesting news tidbits concerning protection schemes and upcoming burners. Nice reviews too. Their forum folk are very helpful as well. I usually ask a question there before looking elsewhere.

Comment

Beefy, that first link is what I was looking for. Now can one of you tell me which level of 'EFM' is the best to have. I assume that "Drive writes regular bit patterns correctly" is what you would want, but then why do almost NONE of the plextor drives comply with the EFM encoding??? And they un-arguably the best?? http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/p.html

And not only that, are there any other specs on this chart that I should make sure I have? And If I don't have them, what won't I be able to do... Heh

And One other thing, where are there charts like this for regular CD drives, as well as DVD drives, (and DVD Burners?) heh...

Thanks guys...

P.S. As I think about it, it was probably you BZ who posted that link first... but don't hold me to it (I still can't find that thread I remember-- the forum search is almost useless if you are looking for a word that was said.)

Comment

Well actually most places now recommend LiteOn burners for their ability to backup most disks with CDClone. As to your your other question ya may find the answer here http://users.erols.com/chare/hardware.htm#cdrom :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
            Beefy, that first link is what I was looking for. Now can one of you tell me which level of 'EFM' is the best to have. I assume that "Drive writes regular bit patterns correctly" is what you would want, but then why do almost NONE of the plextor drives comply with the EFM encoding??? And they un-arguably the best?? http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/p.html
            if you take a good look at the table it shows the both the 24x and the 40x drives have EFM, and any earlier drives don't... It's the same for most of the companies that support it...

Comment

Yes, I did notice that, but that is not the highest level of EFM... and thats what I was asking.

Comment

oops.. my bad...

Comment

Working...
                X