Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended videocard tweaks for best performance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended videocard tweaks for best performance ?

What are some of the smaller tweaks you can use to achieve the best results. I look at the 3dmark 2001se scores of other people with the identical setup as me and their are usaly in the mid 7000 range while mine is about 6880 (see sig for more infos..).

Any help would be great :D

This guide, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...de&dId=249 , maybe of help to ya. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea keep in mind gimp that even things that seem quite trivial liek what fsb you r using can effect performance...say someone had an o/c t-bird to 1.4 via fsb o/c, it will outperform a t-bird at stok fsb at the same speed...also i;de make sure u have teh rite drivers for your card:cheers:

Comment

ya.........I have almost the exact same setup!!!! Would an athlon [email protected] outperform an athlon1.4G? This is cosidering that bus is the same. 266MHz That's a very stupid question but just answer it anyway. I guess it would be like a turbo charger on a honda. Its overclocking the engine to make it work more efficitent. Other then that I have the same video card leadtek geforce 3TDH the only difference between it and the TD was mine comes with 3.8N DDR RAM while the TD comes with 4.0. Am at an advantage? My scores are only at 6300!!!!

Comment

a 1ghz athlon overl****ed to 1.4ghz athlon with the same fsb and mobo etc will perform identically....a 1ghz thlon overclocked to 1.4ghz isn;t running more efficently...it's just being told to run faster that from when it came out of the factory :cheers:

Comment

If you go to your newsagent and check out the current issue of PCPowerPlay, I have written quite a detailed Graphics Card Tweaking Guide. It's not only for nVidia cards but across the board.

Comment

lol yep i read it asher:D
              although i must say pcpowerplay isn't usually very good on hardware...ESPECIALLY their whole beast thing...lol 12,000....
              :cheers:

Comment

Working...
              X