Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD3R unable to post

GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard
    (updated the bois to f6 then f7a but with no change)
    i7 920 proccessor
    GTX260 graphics card
    Powercool 850W psu
    OCZ 15000 3x 2GB (OCZ3RPR1866C9LV6GK) ram

I get a problem when adding more than one stick of ram into the board. it doesnt come on and i get lots of short beeps and it restarts but still never comes on. If i have only one stick of ram then it boots fine. Ive tried searching around and hope it might just be a settings issue but what settings to change and to what i dont know. I can use any of my 3 sticks in the first slot nearest the processor and the computer boots just fine.

ive tried changing a few things but with no results. ive upped the ddr voltage to 1.660v and changed the timmings to 9-9-9-28 but it still didnt work.

if anyone has any idea on how i can find out what is wrong and get it working with more that one stick of ram i'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by sludge99; 05-22-2009, 04:45 AM.

Re: GA-EX58-UD3R unable to post

Your not trying to populate the blue slot, are you? Just white ones.

Have you tried using the one stick to get booted up to flash the bios? It may just be bios F1 being stubborn again. If your on a bios later then that already, I just don't know. I do know F1 could be very ram picky.
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green
    And several other rigs...

Comment

nah i havn't put anything in the blue slot just the 3 white ones. also tried it with just 2 sticks in either of the white slots but that didnt work either.

I did just boot it with the one stick in and just use it as a normal computer to update the bios.

thanks for the reply

Comment

solved.

i had a second look at the processor and 2 of the pins seemed ever so slightly bent so straightened them up and all is better now. thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by sludge99 View Post
          solved.

i had a second look at the processor and 2 of the pins seemed ever so slightly bent so straightened them up and all is better now. thanks all
          Looked at the processor and saw bent pins? I'm thinking you meant you looked in the CPU socket area and saw bent pins instead? Core i7 has no pins on it, it's LGA, pins in the socket :)
          Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
          Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green
          And several other rigs...

Comment

Working...
          X