No announcement yet.

Using Powersupply fan with Motherboard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Powersupply fan with Motherboard!

Hey... I took out a powersupply fan from a old 200V powersupply... it has 2pin connector.. and its too big to fit anywhere on the motherboard... also the fan is a DV 12V... lol not a good idea? :) Or IS there a way to work it with the motherboard?

Is there any way to daisy chain it with the 4pin plug from the Powersupply? ... the 80x80 fan I already have in the case are 4pin... this one is 2.... and its the type that fits onto the board.......

Comment

LoL... how the heck am I supposed to do that???? :)

Comment

Yes I've run these into the PSU connectors before. Just connect the red wire from the fan to the yellow wire and the black wire from the fan to the black wire beside the yellow one. Hacking the fan into a cheap "Y" splitter would be the best idea. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

So, you are saying... take off the plastic thingi (the connector) and and then take the red wire... and manually insert it into the yellow connection on the 4-pin? and then the blue wire... into ANY of the black pins???

Comment

What is the probability that this 12V fan will shortcircuit something and or shock me(even if I am careful) when I turn on the PC?

Comment

Yeah if ya get the "Y" splitter as shown (they're very cheap) then cut the yellow wire and the black one beside it at the female connector then just solder the wires together as you stated and cover the joins with insulation. If you do it propperly there should be no probs at all. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wow... I used pliers to make the cables fit... and it works!!!! sooo quiet too! :) now lets cool that CPU heat-freakin-sink!!
                Might as well bust open the other 250V powersupply... these are old!

Comment

LOL
                  Have fun. :thumb:

Comment

I had a collection of old AT power supplies
                    :D
                    Now I have a collection of 80MM fans

Good going

Comment

Ah, someone else wants to make a wind tunnel then. :D

Comment

Or maybe just a case made of fans

7v though

Comment

lol i wouldn;t trust an old PSU fan enuf to put it anywhere crtical...i.e on top of a cpu:D

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                            lol i wouldn;t trust an old PSU fan enuf to put it anywhere crtical...i.e on top of a cpu:D
                            right
                            mostly good for case fans

Comment

yep:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X