hmm.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm.....

I recently installed a case window to my computer yesterday and noticed that the average computer temperature has raised roughly 2-3 degrees because of it. Does this happen to anyone? Is it possible that the diffference between plexi glass and sheet metal can affect it?

It should not affect it that much, did you cut out any gills on the side when you did it?
    Also the ambiant room temp might of been up.

Comment

Also check to make sure that the window is sealed on the side panel. If there are gaps between the window and the panel, then you're losing some of the cooling potential of a good setup.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

no window is 100% sealed and I have dual 92MM fans on the window but I had those fans before I put the window on AC is usually 78-79F (25-26C) during the day and 81F (27C) at night......

AC is of the rules of the parents not me......trust me I sweat like a mofo everyday and every night

CPU on average during the day is 105-107F (40-42C) and 109-113F (42-45C) at night......=(

Comment

lol wow ur parents certainly like to sweat:D

Comment

they sure do.......Perhaps maybe there getting old and they don't relize just how uncomfortable we really are heh

Comment

lol u could always try turning the heat down wen they aren;t looking and see if they notice or not:D

Comment

the strange thing is they do........for example me and my two brothers were left home alone the other day and I decided to drop the AC to 77 (25C) it actually felt good I could have gone alot lower say 73 (22.7C)? but then I would have REALLY gotten in trouble.....now when they got home I don't thing they noticed right away except for the fact that it raised to 81F (27.7C) automatically so I now I relized they have it programs UGH so I lowered it back down and for some reason I find it raised again with my mom sleeping out in the family room......did she sleep out there to make sure I didn't sneak again? I talked to my dad about it and he said he gets too cold when its on 79 (26C) at night......

Comment

Yea, we keep ours at 70-72 year round. Just keeping the humidity down in the summer is SOOO much easier on the carpet, and the sheetrock, and the paint, and the wallpaper etc. The few bucks extra it costs is by far worth the preservation of the rest of the house.

And with good insulation, and efficient AC, our 3000 square foot house only has a monthly electric bill of 90$ And that is only double what it is when we aren't using the AC.

Comment

WOH 90? My parents claim there electric bill is over 300....I'm not sure how much money your house is or how many square yeards my house is but it is a 150, 000 dollar house......but keep in mind we have 6 computers operating at the same time always.....

Comment

Yea, we had a 96$ bill last month (all of june) and the outdoor temps averaged high of 90 during the day and an average low of 75 (and extremely humid almost always)

We don't leave our computers on at night, but during the day, on average, we have 2 on most days)

How old is your house? If it was built when Air conditioners were considered not feasable, then you probably have almost no insulation (never gets very cold in Florida). You can figure out if you have good insulation by feeling external walls with your hands, and then compare that temperature to the temperature of an internal wall. If the external walls feel warm(in the summer), then your insulation is garbage because all of the outside heat is coming right back in.

Winters are cold up here in Wi, and so we have some kick ass insulation, which not only keeps the cold out in winter, but the cold in, in summer.

If you want to know the size of your house (square feet), you could ask your parents. But you can just estimate by multiplying length times width and adding each floor together. (surely you've had geometry?)

Comment

Well I'm taking Informal geoemetry but I keep failing it....math isn't exactly my strongest subject......but anyway ya my house was built in I think 1986 or 87 its night time right now over here so tomorrow afternoon I'll check the outside walls tomorrow as for the house....my dad said it was about 2400 on the inside

Comment

yeah true.. but it might be a installation error maybe not but in correct maybe it is i dunno.. or it could be change in temps outside?

Comment

These are all possible reasons your power bill is so high:

Your parents are lying and it is actually lower.

The builders didn't think the house was every going to see air conditioning, and used little or no insulation.

The builders ran out of money and were forced to skimp on insulation?

Windows with poor insulation value were used, and they let loads of heat in.

Doors with poor insulation were used.

You leave the doors and windows often in the summer.

You leave the windows open at night when it feels cool out.

Florida's electricity may be really expensive?

Comment

lol well........I don't know if this would affect anything but the part of the AC that sucks the air into the filter and into the compressor just so happens to be located right next to the freakin garage door......

Comment

Working...
                              X