thermal grease revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermal grease revisited

i'm about to build myself a new computer since my old one keeled over last week. i think it was because i had bought a barebones system and the cpu overheated. because of that, i've grown a little paranoid about overheating and was wondering how often i should replace my thermal grease. i'm going to be running an athlon xp 1800 (not overclocking) with a volcano 7+ on it (an epox board in a cooler master case if that makes a difference)? any suggestions as to what kind of thermal grease i should use? thanks.

Arctic Silver 3 and TherMagic seem to be the best atm and every 6 months would be more than enough though longer won't hurt if applied properly. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What wiGGo said and remember to make it a thin coat justs enough to fill any voids between the Heatsink and the Proc. I had mine nasty... all around the core and it was a mess. So i cleaned it off and appiled a thin coat and my temps we much more stable and consistant.:)
      - Damien

Comment

lol yea i know a guy who put like half a syringe of arctic silver on his cpu core....and he shorted it ...neddless to say it didn't work very well...thankfully he learnt from that mistake:D

Comment

Working...
        X