new cooling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cooling fans

i have a dell dimension 8100 i got about 15 months ago, my computer is on 24/7 and i can hear the CPU fan going bad, it just sqeaks sometimes like it is real faint and silent and it will lightly sqeak then stop, usually i have top hit it so it stops and its very annoying, i dont know what size or anything to buy, its my CPU fan i think because the power supply dan seems fine although i want to replace it to incase, the fan that is squaking is in the back in the middle, i ahve two fans top is power supply fan but middle is CPU i think, it as a green housing covering it ill figure out how to get to it i guess, but i need to know what fans to buy

1. CPU fan
    2. power supply fan

i cant read the power suplly fan words because the housing covers it but the CPU fan says "JMC DATECH model 0925-12HBTA DC 12v

how can i buy new fans? i need two new ones, i dont want another datech fan because i hear they are ****, are most fans just universal? ide like to go to best buy and get these IF they have them.

thanks!!!!

do you need to replace all your fans? - typically PS fans are not all that loud, plus if you open it up to pull out the fans you instantly void your warranty.

As far as you CPU fan goes - are you replacing the fan or the whole heat sink assembly - most stock intel coolers have a clip on style fan - but you may be able attach a 60mm fan w/screws

If you want to replace the whole HSF - you need to find out if you have a socket370 (PIII or Celeron), socket423 (early P4) or socket (478 later P4) & then start visiting some online stores.

Comment

P4 1.3ghz is socket 423:D
      btw cims wouldn;t ur warranty cover the fan? just complain to dell and they'll fix u up :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
        P4 1.3ghz is socket 423:D
        ....he didn't have the sig yet when I replied :D

Comment

Working...
        X