Geforce3 Ti200 Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce3 Ti200 Temps

Do video cards generally run hotter than the cpu and ram? I recently purchased a thermaltake HardCano II. My cpu and ram run at about 30 C, while the video card runs between 40-45 C according to the HardCano II. The vcard is a geforce3 ti200 that came without a fan (just a heatsink for the gpu) or heatsinks for the memory chips. I was having some problems with the video crashing when playing games, so I purchased a gpu fan, removed the fanless heatsink, chopped it up with a hacksaw, and used thermal adhesive to attach it to the memory chips. This solved the problem, but admittedly it's a pretty low end solution. Modded the sidepanel of my case as well and put in an intake fan by the video card. I'm just wondering if those temps are a little high for a video card. Found it odd that the rest of my system runs at 30 C, while the video card gets up to 45.

Thanks.

Added:
    I thought it may have been running hot due to a shoddy job putting on the fan and/or makeshift heatsinks, but I have an older Diamond Viper that seems to run pretty hot as well. So now I'm not sure.

Yep that's about right so don't sweat it. ;)

Comment

Cool, thanks.:thumb:

Comment

wow i didn;t knoe ti200's could survive with passive cooling:confused:

Comment

Yeah, it didn't work properly until i put a fan on it. I was frequently locking up.

Comment

I was just wondering what brand of Ti200 you bought that came without a fan.
            Just a curiosity.:shoot3:

Comment

Working...
            X