Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel P4 Socket 478 Motherboard

Hey all,
    I am in the market for a new box, and I am having some trouble decided what is the best motherboard on the market. I want to get an Intel P4 2.53 (533 FSB) processor becuase...well I have the money for it. I have been looking at the Abit IT7 Max board, but not 100% sure about it. No PS2 ports and only 4 PCI slots . I was wondering if any of you had any good suggestion on what motherboard I should get!
    Laters
    saidin

The reason for only 4 PCI slots is because of the integration on the board. I've been very happy with my Iwill P4D, but it uses the Intel i845 chipset, which only offically supports 400MHz FSB P4's. The i845E and i845G are available to be better in the official support for the 533MHz FSB P4's. Iwill has the P4G coming out, and if it's anything like the P4D, it'll be rock solid and quite overclockable.

I'm not sure what you want in a motherboard, but Asus makes some good boards as well. The P4B533 and P4B533-C use the i845E and have legacy support.

I personally am turned off by the total lack of PS/2 ports on the IT7--despite it being a cool design.

This is just some advice, though others may tell you different or add something. It would be helpful to know what you want in a motherboard, though.:)

Comment

Working...
    X