Slot fan won't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot fan won't work!

ok, I bought a new slot fan from ee-bay.... it worked for 1 night and then stipped... the guy won't respond so I left negative feedback... but I am thinking of fixing it myself... or "trying' and I can't get the FAN out... I can get to the fan... anyone have experience?

It would be helpful if you let us know what brand and model you're dealing with. Also a picture of the little devil so that we can try to give you some ideas. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

lol yea sounds liek the fan's carked it....although u could try re-oiling the beraings..but i still wouldn;t trust it:D

Comment

Tip; use plumber's grease for lubricating fans, it's not petroleum based and therefor won't soften the plastic over time.
        It's available at hardware stores (home improvement type, not computer) for around $0.89 in a small tube.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

the guy won't respond so I left negative feedback
          How long did you give him to respond? Those fans cost him about 2$ (no matter what you paid) and 98% of ebay sellers would gladly send you a replacement instead of having you post negative feedback.

But if you left him negative feedback before he could respond, he will say screw you and leave you negative feedback.

A key to ebay is being patient.

Comment

Mr. C How often should they be greased?:confused:

Comment

A fan will start to make some unusual noises when it's required. :D
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:cool: So do I. Thanks. :cool:

Comment

yeah but sometime that funny sound is it crapping out for good

Comment

Working...
                  X