fsb probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fsb probs

im having a similar problem to what chisholm was having a while ago with not being able to go past 148mhz on his fsb...
    the only difference is that im running a 550w enermax psu! i would have thought this was plenty power to push it past 150.
    my voltages as they stand are: +3.3v = 3.58
    +5.0v = 4.84
    +12.0v = 11.73
    oh.. and i managed to get up to 1932mhz at 148fsb...
    what could be the prob here?
    thanks guys

You've probably hit the limit of your CPU most likely. To get a higher FSB ya goin' to have to unlock the CPU and lower the multiplier to get the FSB higher. But if ya lookin' to get the more speed out of the CPU ya probably goin' to have to look at more extreme coolin'. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ahhh ok thanks!
      i heard that unlocking the xp's is a tedious task?
      something to do with the laser cut pits...
      is there a way that i can do this that doesnt require too much skill? (im not really good with small things)

thanks man

Comment

Well I've done it a few times now and found it easy enough but you do have to pay attention to detail and don't rush it. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea i think ill give it a go:D !
          i wish it was as easy as the t-birds though!! argh
          thanks guys

Comment

lol yea btw pogo that problem i was having with my fsb actually turned out to be my cpu....coicidence that both xp cpu's i had maxed ut at 148fsb...lol but i got a new antec PSU just to be safe:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

Working...
            X