Corsair Performance Series Solid State RAID Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Performance Series Solid State RAID Report

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Corsair Performance Series Solid State RAID Report"

Re: Corsair Performance Series Solid State RAID Report

Why is this SSD rated for only desktop RAID systems? I would think it is well suited for database servers (assuming the striped RAID has enough capacity to hold the database) and also web servers. The low latency and access times are great for situations where transaction based performance is king. Also SSDs give you a better warning when they are failing, compared to spinning drives which can die without so much as a SMART sensor giving any clue. Also they need less power and cooling.

Comment

Re: Corsair Performance Series Solid State RAID Report

I will have to disagree with you on the warning now that I have managed to kill two SSDs here in the lab. Keep in mind that I hardly ever crack the top of them. I have also had two others fail while testing but in those cases the drives were still able to function, at least I could pull the data off of them.

For some reason I can't see the benchmark graphs on this page due to issues on my network here at the office but from what I remember the drives just didn't perform very well with server tasks.

Corsair Performance Series Solid State RAID Report Benchmarks - Passmark :: TweakTown

Comment

Working...
      X