Wierd Computer Things Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Computer Things Thread

I recently came across some computer things that are wierd and kind of neat, so I decided to make a thread for them. Please post anything wierd you find / know of.

This reminds me of the 'slocket'

RDRAM to SDRAM Convertor
    Ebay - 8$ USD

Wireless Finger Mouse

For presentations or slide shows
    55$ USD

Comment

Here is a variation of what you just saw, but geared towards the home theatre.

Wireless Finger Trackball
      I call it the Phaser :laugh:
      45$ USD

Comment

And this isn't so weird, but who has this many Firewire / USB2.0 devices??? :eek:

66$ USD

Comment

Boot your PC from your couch!
          (restart from the bathroom)

PC remote control
          26$ USD

Comment

USB Laptop Light

This is great anytime you have to use your laptop in the dark. Also great if you have a USB keyboard (most USB keyboards act as a 1 or 2 port USB hub), and use your keyboard in the dark alot, like at a LAN

10$ USD

Comment

seen the Wireless Finger Trackball, PC remote control and USB Laptop Light before :p
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Yeah the only unusual one is the RDRAM to SDRAM converter. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I've actually got one of those justcooler pc remotes. The RAM adapter isn't a new concept, years a go I came across some 30pin to 72pin RAM convertors!

Comment

Yea yea, the thread wasn't intened to be 'stuff noone has ever seen before' because those things don't exist.

And this thread is to be continued.... and by all means post the wierdest stuff you've seen.

Comment

I personally have never seen the RAM converter, so thanx Z. :wave: It's a good thread.
                      Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Originally posted by fragman
                        I've actually got one of those justcooler pc remotes. The RAM adapter isn't a new concept, years a go I came across some 30pin to 72pin RAM convertors!
                        Were you the one who did the review of it on Insane Hardware?
                        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak

Were you the one who did the review of it on Insane Hardware?
                          Yep. It worked really well (range around 15m) but i've lost the aerial atm so I can't use it - D'oh

Comment

I always thought they were pretty cool but just like any toy the novelty would have worn off, at least on me.
                            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

The advantage is that fitting one removes the power/reset functionality from the front panel - useful if ur not wanting anyone else to turn on ur PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X