Intake/Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake/Exhaust

What are the advantages/disadvantages to higher intake or exhaust? Is it better to have them the same? Or one higher than the other?

Normally it's better to keep them balanced but in some cases this doesn't always hold and some positive pressure is needed so some experimentation is required. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

it's better to have slightly higher intake cfm's than exhaust -& to filter all your intake fans tp keep the dust and contaminents entering your case to a minimum.

If your exhaust cfm's exceed your intake by a significant margin you will tend to suck unfiltered air & dust bunnies through every unfiltered opening in you case.

Depending on the enviroment you have you PC in - this may or may not matter a whole lot.

Comment

yea it;s actually good to ahve positive pressure cos then ur HD etc get a bit of cooling as well bcos the air escapes out teh gaps in the front...i have about 150 cfm going in rite now...and about 70 goign out
        :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

Comment

I agree about higher intake. Since I started filtering every intake fan a year ago, it has made an amazing difference. Everything stays so clean, I will never go back to an unfiltered case.

Comment

yes that's true...although it depends alot on the enviroment ur comp is in...even though i don;t use filters my system is almost completely dust free...where as my friend's system gets clogged up after a few months:cheers:

Comment

That is also true.

Comment

If you have pet's filter's are a good idea - I took the case off of my brother-in-law's PC acouple of months ago - the was enough hair inside to make another dog :D

Comment

lol my cat has been terrified of the computer since once i powerd it up while it was sleeping near my exhaust at teh bak..ever since it has stayed well away from it:D

Comment

heres what happens when you don't filter

Comment

heres another

Comment

and yet another

Comment

LOL that's what my friend's system looks like after a few months:D

Comment

I've had a few here for fixin' that the HSF's had so much dust in them that the fans were fouled and wouldn't rotate no more until I cleared them. :eek:
                            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Have a read of this article about fans, can be a bit heavy at times but does give a good insight of how fans work in a computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X