Does anyone know about the Gf4/certain monitors compatibilit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know about the Gf4/certain monitors compatibilit

There is known issues with certain monitors for the GF4 TI line of video cards.

I read an article somewhere showing you could pull a pin out of the troubled monitor to resovle this...

Anyone seen this article? If so...WHERE IS IT...lol

I cant see why it would give any trouble :?:
    Is it happening to you, or have you only head it.
    If it is happening then i'll contact either nvidia, or the cards manafacturer.

Comment

I guess there is only a few monitors out there that have problems... It even states on PNY's website that the GF4 wont work on some monitors.

Later I came across an article explaing that some monitors have an extra pin and it can be pulled out to resolve this. Now, that a friends is having the problems, I can't find the article

Comment

I remember seein' that article though that applies to old monitors if the old memory here is workin' right so wouldn't it be better just to upgrade to a later model model? :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I don't think it is an old monitor (Philips 201b)

I knew I should have put that article in my favorites :(

Comment

Have you tried google? Google can find anything.

Just start with UNIQUE words that you are SURE were in the article. The bigger the words the better.

Comment

Yeah, it was on the VH (www.virtual-hideout.net) where he was having problems. It was an issue with his KDS monitor. And it turned out that if he pulled out pin #9 it would be fine. I wouldn't suggest this unless you have a KDS monitor, and make sure yours is affected by this problem.

Later

Comment

Working...
              X