Ok don't laught at me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok don't laught at me!

But I've got to ask, is xp2200+ the worst thing amd has avaible right know? And if so, what mobo is the absolute best to mount it on for max performance? (Quite a fan of Asus products so...) hehe
    Conesidering my self an hardcore Intelfan but i most ask and try the amd products anyway cause the low price vs performance is tempting me badley, my record know is 8319 3d points with my celeron based setup, what can i expect with amd's worst high performance products with no oc and my Ti4600? Don't really know what memory to use eighter but please give me some advice...

That made very little sense :confused:

Comment

Sorry if I have a little hard to make myself clear in english.
      But just curious what amd has to offer if you want the absolute best and most powerful stuff... Tip on witch products to buy etc to get a really high performance pc... Don't know mutch about all kinds of memorys etc...

:confused:

Comment

The best that AMD offers in their AMD Athlon XP 2200+

For memory, you want DDR333 from any of the major name brands , such as Micron or Infineon.

Comment

I se, but here in sweden i can buy a intel p4 2266 Mhz cpu with 533 Mhz fsb and 512 kb L2 cache for about 15-20$ more then the xp2200+... So not so mutch difference that i thought...

Comment

Because they're very similar in performance , I'd go with the P4 2.2GHz just because it runs cooler and you won't have to deal with the noise. It's also a better overclocker :)

Comment

I se, i always thought the new Intel p4 with 533 fsb would be mutch more powerful then the xp2200+ but then i know whats right then i'l guess... =)

Comment

The boost in FSB doesn't actualy make much real world difference at all, only in synthetic benchmarks is a noticable difference seen.

Comment

That much of a processor; you should expect a 10500 on your 3d mark. I have my AMD XP 2000+ O/Ced a lil higher than a 2200 and it gave me a 10700. Try to get a MOBO with the KT333 (for AMD) chipset...just so you can run PC2700 ram on it and have more stable o/c. Recommended would be EPox or Abit. Anyhow its up to you...on what you decide to get..Intel or AMD.
                  - Damien

Comment

hey flaco i;m curious as to what stepping ur xp2000 is...i had an xp2000 AGOGA that o/c to 1.83ghz @1.9v

Comment

Working...
                    X