Gaming Tweak Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Tweak Guides

We've got a new writer in the house, PersianImmortal, who will be writing weekly gaming based tweaking guides for us all here at TweakTown. For starters, what games would people like to see guides for?

Everyone join me in welcoming PersianImmortal to the forums! :wave:
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hey guys, and thanks for the welcome Cameron.

Some of you may have seen me around other forums or playing online. For those of you who've never met me, let me say I'm not an expert by any means, but I think I can help give your games that extra boost with a little bit of crafty tweaking. I'll also try and branch out and write guides which'll improve general system performance, help in troubleshooting problems, and keep your machine fast and tidy.

For starters, look out for the latest version of my Morrowind Tweak Guide which I'll be putting up at Tweaktown in the next day or so. I'd love to hear what you think, and as Cameron mentioned, what games you think are worth getting into more depth here.

If no-one gives any suggestions, I guess I'll just have to keep working on my monster Windows Solitaire Tweak Guide that's been consuming the last 3 years of my life :D
    My Machine

Comment

If ya want a hand with anything, let me know.. :) Couple suggestions if ya want:

SoF2
      Warcraft 3
      Neverwinter Nights

Comment

DOD

Comment

What other games are you people interested in getting guides written for?
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I want the solitaire guide!

Umm, there's not a lot else atm...

Comment

Hehe, a Warcraft III guide would be good... then again, I could probably write one myself, with the amount I've been playing it :).

Comment

I was thinking Unreal Tournament 2003 would be the next big game to do a guide for, but it may not be out for a little while yet. Demo is set for release in the next couple weeks.

Any recent games you can think of which would benefit from tweaking? I mean games which are real performance hogs. That's one of the reasons I put together the Morrowind guide..it's a game which really needs tweaking to get it to run acceptably.

Oh and I've been told I won't be able to put the Solitaire Tweak Guide up at Tweaktown. It's all politics man :mad:
                My Machine

Comment

I dont have GP4 but i hear it can be a biatch to run properly - ie. people with AXP 2100+ and P42.2+ and GF4's getting a constant 40fps which is hella slow If you have it and can get it to work properly, it might be a go : party ha

Oh and on the topic of Solitare, do people know that you can cheat on it? :cool:

Comment

How Nick?
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yeah I'd like to win 10 out of 10 games instead of 9/10. ;)

Comment

Start the game so it draws three cards from the pile when you click on it. Then when you feel like cheating, press (and hold down) shift, alt and control and click on the cards, and it draws 1 insted of three :D

Comment

I wonder if that will work in Tut's Tomb too. :?:

[Edit] Nope it doesn't. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
                            Oh and on the topic of Solitare, do people know that you can cheat on it? :cool:
                            Oh great, if you know so much about Solitaire then why don't YOU sacrifice three years of YOUR life to write the guide?? :cry:
                            My Machine

Comment

Originally posted by PersianImmortal

Oh great, if you know so much about Solitaire then why don't YOU sacrifice three years of YOUR life to write the guide?? :cry:
                              Ok, check tweak admin :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X