PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Giveaway – GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo (AMD 785G chipset)

Mr.Tweak
08-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Weekly Giveaway – GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo with AMD 785G chipset (August 8th - August 15th)

We have teamed up with GIGABYTE to giveaway one of their brand new GA-MA785G-UD3H motherboards.

This motherboard is based on AMD’s newest chipset, the 785G and SB710. It includes the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics with DirectX10.1 onboard, which is very impressive. It also comes with GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature and longer life. You can read more about the product at this page (http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3138).

http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/news_MA785G_UD3H-giveaway2009_full.png

How to win?

For your chance to win the prize, all you need to do is post below (sign up to our forums, if you haven't already) and tell us what you would use the GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo for if you won it!

Giveaway runs from today until August 15th 10:00pm GMT +8:00 - no entries will be taken into consideration after that time. If you are the winner, you will be asked to provide your full name, address and telephone number for shipping.

One entry per person - IPs will be checked, don't bother signing up multiple times.

For this weekly prize, anyone in the world can enter!

:boldblue:

kali65
08-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Would like to fully utilize this motherboard by building a gaming rig accompanied by an AM3 Black Edition Quad Core + some overclocking:facelick:. All in all, i'm always a Gigabyte fan :clap:

MartinTheMad
08-08-2009, 08:01 PM
I would use it to build a new PC. Winning this mainboard would help me save money for a serious computer upgrade! (Currently I'm using a 7 year old PC.)

Keele
08-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I would replace my current motherboard if I get this, as my current motherboard having some quite serious problem(audio chipset seems doesn't work).

enzolt
08-08-2009, 08:36 PM
i would use the mobo to build my little brother (10 yrs old) his first gaming rig!! =D

randomness
08-08-2009, 08:44 PM
my first AMD motherboard i will get!!

My bro's complaints about lagging in TF2 will come to an end :) --Obviously with the latest phenom II black ed. cpu eheheheh

Jdecarol
08-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Upgrade my girlfriends computer from her socket A Athlon and set it up so she can stop clogging up my DVR with lifetime movies.

CSW
08-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I recently stepped out and founded my own company with no capital and no debt and my trusty ibmt61p blew up on me ( a cost i cant absorb right now) I am in dire need of building a new workstation to take care of my clients. Right now I'm working off of an old dell Inspiron 1520 that is not cutting it and I need more horsepower.

Luckily our clients really like us and have been a bit patient but I need to raise my productivity to start turning a profit.

Help me stay in business, and stop my corndog diet TweakTown!!!

Look at the creation date :) (http://www.computersystemworks.com)

GumbyG13
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
My wife would just love having a new pc with this in it.

iapmc424
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I need a new PC Mine is on the fritz but alas I haven't the money to build it as I am on layoff from work this economy sucks!

Muchenik
08-08-2009, 10:24 PM
It is such a wonderful piece of hardware, I would love to be the proud adopted parent of it.

iDeLz
08-08-2009, 10:32 PM
slot my 955 and boost with it :facelick:

crenn
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I'd use this motherboard and a Phenom II X3 to build a HTPC worthy of our family's TV.

stevemcg
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I would use it as the basis for an htpc build in the living room.

Moon_Flare
08-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Yup, a nice mobo. It would definitely be put to good use. I would use it to assemble a PC for my bigger brother.

Tewls
08-09-2009, 12:53 AM
My wife is always hogging my computer to do her facebook thing because her computer is a 10yr old POS. I would use that motherboard to build her a computer so i can get my game time back.

The Sorcerer
08-09-2009, 01:20 AM
You need a reason, you got it!!!
Whoa look at that board- she's way too good to be used for htpc!!!
Even better there's a chance for me to get SOMETHING for free.
I got this news of this generous deed via FB, so I couldn't stop myself to join tweaktown-ASAP!!!!
Whether recession or economic boom- I worked my arse off for my hardware!!
I've worked hard for my hardware- been a tech support for a long time that I couldn't bear and I have worked all day long without sleep which I wouldn't usually dare and experiences with customers that I really wouldn't exactly like to share.
I've used the humble second hand amd opteron 165 denmark core to the glorious 2.8ghz on my former loyal a8n sli!!
Sadly the system died and now I heart for an AMD rig- the thought becomes stronger as the days go by!!
As Paulo Coelho once said," When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it!"
50 bucks says- this could be it if its a hit!
I could blame it on recession or I could blame it on my dead system!
But how can you express a reason to owe something fantastic- Understand where I am coming from.
So whatcha lookin' at? Give it to me Tom :p
I aint a real hardware enthusiast yet but I have the zeal to be one!
I'll slap in a proccy, some rams and tweak it and give it a good run.
Put out the scores just for fun.
Please make me feel like a million bucks and a king with a golden crown-
If I get this- I always say it pride that I got this from Gigabyte and the credits goes tto the famous Tweak town :D

teruyume
08-09-2009, 03:08 AM
I would pair it with a PhenomII x2 550, since it has the SB710 i will try to unlock the extra 2 core.

philologos
08-09-2009, 04:03 AM
My friend has been kind enough to let me borrow his desktop, since I dismantled my laptop during a fatal quest to upgrade components. The old notebook is kaputz, a victim of my obsession with computer hardware. This obsession developed mostly through my attempts to play Morrowind smooth and stable.

I have been pining ever since to build my very first desktop computer. The 785G chipset would be an excellent basis for the project. The integrated graphics would allow me to delay the purchase of discrete graphics cards. My financial situation is less than ideal, and the option to go with integrated graphics along with the value that AMD offers is wonderful. Not to mention, I would really like to give my friend his computer back, because I'm not someone who likes to hold on to things that are not mine.

I'm not sure what processor I would go with - perhaps a 720 BE. I've got ideas for the other components, but nothing definite; that's the joy of system building!

jonathankru
08-09-2009, 04:22 AM
I Would use it to see how good AMD`s are. Havent overclocked a AMD in at least 3 years and would like to see how the new CPU`s run. It would be a flash from the past. Maybe try some Dry ICE:pinkie:

08-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Becoming a hardcore Intel CPU Fan and Enthusiast since the debut of the Intel Core 2 Duo’s then the Core 2 Quad’s, I was hooked on the Q6600 from the get-go then a month after buying the Q6600 I just had to have the QX6700 and could have cared less back then about the ridiculous high price because it was in fact the monster all the reviews advised it was back in the day “and still is today as far as I'm concerned” and I still use my QX6700 in a backup, test rig and it will clock and bench right up there with the Q9650 almost any day of the week in my humble opinion with the exception, the Q9650 with the 12MB cache will run CAD plus multitask a little smoother and run a few degrees cooler but still, I love-em both! Anyway, earlier this year the AMD Phenom II X4's caught my attention and finally I had an opportunity to build an AMD, Phenom II, 955 BE, CorssfireX Rig for a friend just last month which was also my opportunity to tryout the Phenom II 955 BE and even at stock speed, I couldn’t believe the power and the smooth running of the build and even on XP Professional. I loved it and thought it may be time to go back to AMD! Gaming with the Phenom II X4 955 BE was exciting, multitasking was totally impressive and overclocking the 955 “easily to 4GHz”, running at a steady 60c on air totally blew me away!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This was the first time I was impressed by any rig “over my own setup” and my Q9650 rig is a tough rig to topple but I believe the Phenom II X4, 955 BE was more impressive on an overall scale and I never thought I would ever be saying anything could better the Intel C2Q’s and, I immediately wanted one! So, I have decided to patiently wait for the AMD Phenom II X4, 965 Black Edition for my new work/play machine and I also believe the 965 along with the GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H would be the perfect combination for CAD and my daily graphic design work routine plus an occasional “twisting up the clock speed” to play a game or run a benchmark so with that, I would love to have the Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H motherboard for a new and much needed AMD Rig! :peace:

maulataur
08-09-2009, 04:49 AM
This will defintely be used to upgrade my gaming computer.

Buzzin92
08-09-2009, 05:54 AM
if i win this motherboard i will pair it up with a athlon II and use it as a 24/7 folding rig for research.

melvynadam
08-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Well my wife needs a new computer so....

I'd give her my current one so that I can build a killer desktop based on this board :)

dukeman
08-09-2009, 06:56 AM
i would use it to build a computer of my own that i could put in my man cave. the kids family could have my present one which i have not touched in days as they are always on it

Randy2
08-09-2009, 07:24 AM
I would build a new machine with it.

elts_drac
08-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm feeling lucky, and my DFI LanpartyII Ultra just died. Big Bucks! No WHAMMIES!

SIRLOLz
08-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I would build a pure AMD/ATI autoCAD workstation and gaming rig around it. Winning this would be good for my economy, education and entertainment! ;)

ironleg
08-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I would use this in a new PC build as I am on a fixed Income (social Security Disability)and the Economy isnt the greatest right now.

Porksmuggler
08-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been wanting to build a media PC w/ integrated gpu for my retired parents, this would be a good start to getting them a PC from this century :)

eminemeatyou
08-09-2009, 09:57 AM
I would probably use it to build my parents a pc, since if they keep using their old slow celeron, they will keep getting pissed at me.

go AMD!

KentaroK
08-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I'd build a new gaming rig with all the goodness of AMD/ATI =)

diwalton
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I would love to win this Motherboard, I could Upgrade my computer to a quad core with this and a 955. I own a Gigabyte board at the moment and its fantastic. Will never buy from another motherboard manufacture again. High quality, low price=Gigabyte. +1 For Tweaktowns awesome prizes. :thumbsup:

laguerta15
08-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Well i'm a person who has a passion for computers i help out a lot of people but i don't charge them. so i don't really earn cash. i only save up my allowance which is still not enough for even for a basic rig. thats why i want to win this gigabyte motherboard in which i can build my own computer. rather than just building other people's computers i can have my own. because i am stuck with a crappy laptop which barely run's anything smoothly.

SrKag
08-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I have Ran 3 GIGABYTE Boards, currently on the third GA-965P-DS3 (http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2456) with a Q6700 Intel. Right now I would love to get a head start into a new System back to AMD. Since this is the first Intel Proc. I have ran. I would love to get into a new 955 or 940 Black edition with the GA-MA785G-UD3H board and a AMD 4890. This would put right on the right block. I have nothing but great thing from my GIGABYTE Boards in day to day use, overclocking and just plain experimenting. The MotherBoard is got to take the toying and come back for more. Thats what GIGABYTE Boards do for me. So let go for anther great board and continue the fun times and the GAMING.

:smilies13:smilies13

QikPass
08-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I gave away all the internal parts of my last computer to my half brother last year, who lives overseas and cant afford a machine fo his own. Away went the Motherboard, memory, cpu, sound and video cards. All that remained was the hard drive, case and power supply. I have always been meaning to rebuild a box, however I recently purchased a new condo so other bills just took priority.
This motherboard would be a great start to getting a machine back up. For now, I would add a fairly mid range cpu, an Nvidia card, about 4 GB of memory and take Windows 7 beta for a spin around the block.
Then i'd come back to tweaktown's forums and let everyone know the results...

FreakZilla
08-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I would use this Mobo to help build me a new Gaming & Streaming System. Need a new system to take care of these things for me.

CondemnedPhoenix
08-09-2009, 04:29 PM
well, i would possibly use it, or sell it off for college tuition...

Evan
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello. I would use this board to upgrade my current lowly combo pc (internet pc/server, media center) and also build a cheap pc for my sister with the old components.

jrbj1
08-09-2009, 09:44 PM
:sun_smile
Weekly Giveaway – GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo with AMD 785G chipset (August 8th - August 15th)

We have teamed up with GIGABYTE to giveaway one of their brand new GA-MA785G-UD3H motherboards.

This motherboard is based on AMD’s newest chipset, the 785G and SB710. It includes the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics with DirectX10.1 onboard, which is very impressive. It also comes with GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature and longer life. You can read more about the product at this page (http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3138).

http://images.tweaktown.com/imagebank/news_MA785G_UD3H-giveaway2009_full.png

How to win?

For your chance to win the prize, all you need to do is post below (sign up to our forums, if you haven't already) and tell us what you would use the GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo for if you won it!

Giveaway runs from today until August 15th 10:00pm GMT +8:00 - no entries will be taken into consideration after that time. If you are the winner, you will be asked to provide your full name, address and telephone number for shipping.

One entry per person - IPs will be checked, don't bother signing up multiple times.

For this weekly prize, anyone in the world can enter!

:boldblue:

jrbj1
08-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello. I would use this board to upgrade my current lowly combo pc (internet pc/server, media center) and also build a cheap pc for my mate with the old components.

Dirk Digglers
08-09-2009, 10:09 PM
A lot of people can use this for what ever their reason, some in more need than others.
What would i do with it?
Give it to my brother and his GF so we can use so we can world of warcraft together.

x.clay
08-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I would use this to help make my wife a new PC to replace our old HP mini tower.

dumay
08-10-2009, 12:10 AM
this will make a perfect htpc/ light gaming pc for me... yummmm

artdrivers
08-10-2009, 01:16 AM
If I won it I would get a PhenomII and try the Coolit Domino A.L.C. fluidcooler on it.
Then I would post some results here.

DonInKansas
08-10-2009, 04:31 AM
There has always been a small part of me that felt dirty going to an Intel setup after so many years of owning AMD rigs. I would pair this mobo with a Phenom II 920 and retake my place in the kingdom of AMD.

steelpossum
08-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I would use the GA-MA785G-UD3H:
- for day to day computing e.g. word processing, email and internet
- for watching and recording TV programs
- for transcoding video and audio
- as a media server
- as a HTPC i.e. to play movies and connect the audio output to my multi channels amplifier.

ord0g
08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I would use this new mobo to upgrade the wife's desktop PC to get in her good books. She beats me up everyday for being in the I.T field yet not being able to provide a half decent rig for her to use for everyday computing.

At the moment she's running an aging AMD Athlon XP 2000+ with 512MB DDR RAM and a GeForce MX440. Considering that I have some relatively new/secondhand parts (except CPU) that aren't that old (under 1 year old from my brother's previous build) I can slap together a shiny new box for her.

After that she should stop complaining to me then I can start whinging at her to get me a new PC considering that I my primary computer is a rubbish old Dell D600 laptop.

maxinfo
08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Could use it for a new build I've been planning.

-max

Quellious
08-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I have a 3-year old AMD machine, and this mobo would help a lot toward the much-needed upgrade I am planning.

wahbasah
08-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Upgrade my old 690 chipset mobo.

Love to have a new HTPC.

ilpioch
08-10-2009, 06:27 PM
If I won, I would throw away my old Intel Prescott "oven" :cwm11:

Machoot
08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Hiya,

I am building a new computer to replace my old one. This motherboard is perfect for what I am doing, if I win it... Then I don't have to buy it. :smilies13

didache
08-11-2009, 03:55 AM
I would use this board as a base for an updated system I need to build for my nephew recent high school Grad who loves flight sims, will be starting community college this september and needs a new system. I usually rebuild his system with hand-me-down upgrades whenever I upgrade my gaming system, but strapped so no upgrades for me or him. His mother is recently divorced and they were temporarily displaced, but are now moving into a new apartment. As soon as possible I'll upgrade him. This would help.

Gladiator
08-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Thinking it would make a good base for a new HTPC.

aven
08-11-2009, 09:46 AM
My brother has been miserably using a 10 year old computer for a long time. His birthday is coming up and I want to give him a surprise. I want to build him a new computer to use so he isn't so miserable with his computer experience.

This type of motherboard has been something I've considering on for a while and I just happen to come across this giveaway. I don't exactly have a lot of money to use and this motherboard will really help.

Jean1257
08-11-2009, 10:09 AM
I would just love to show my husband that I can build a PC worth having too!

maxusmag
08-11-2009, 01:09 PM
What would I do with this board?

I would put it in my computer which currently doesn't have a motherboard in it due to a coolant spill.

It is the only computer I have, and it is out of order till I get a new motherboard.

This would fit my current needs and my future upgrades.

(I have gotten rid of the coolant system and gone to air so that this does not happen again).

diovan
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Gigabyte is my number one for motherboard on my system, if I could have those mobo then I would like to replace my old 2.8 HT intel system running with GA-8TRS350MT, I'm very eager to use that onboard vga as replacement for light graphics application and I hope I win the contest :smilies13

bodagus
08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Whooo! Gigabyte! I'd turn this bad boy into a media center PC for my living room so my dad could watch something other than Fox News all day, lol.

aviejun
08-13-2009, 03:24 AM
I would like to try a cpu based on amd. I think AMD is trying its best to compete with Intel and slowly they are catching up again.

finest
08-13-2009, 07:16 AM
If I win the 785G mobo, I'd chage to AMD from Intel, and show high fives all around. ;)

david.mu
08-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I would use this to start a new gaming desktop build. Currently I have been spending all my money trying to get my first home renovated. It would be really nice to have a computer for gaming since I had to sell mine 2 years ago to help pay for student loans. I have been trying to save up slowly to build a new rig and this would be a great addition.

maxpower47
08-14-2009, 02:38 AM
I'd use it to upgrade my HTPC.

dhoshaw
08-14-2009, 03:26 AM
I would build a new pc for crunching and folding.

richard694000
08-14-2009, 04:04 AM
I would build a new gaming rig and use the one i have now on my 47' tv or vice versa one or the outher.

rmvhell
08-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I would very much apreciate it if i could have this motherboard, im currently studing the career to be and industrial designer, many times i have to go ciber cafes up to 4 am in order to do some of the things that i am assigned at the university, since my old computer cant run the newest versions of adobe photoshop or autocaad. being in a third world country makes everithing we import a lot expensive and doesn`t help me in renewing my pc. winning this motherboard will mean that a substantial part of the " new" pc will be in my power and reduce the budget enourmously, giving me a push in order to continue studing when my pc crashes and makes me want to quit everithing...
I cant say how much i would apreciate it if you could give me a hand, thanks for everything. - Ruy Vivanco ( Argentina)

terminal addict
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I am currently living out of boxes because the basement apartment I was living in was flooded.

Flooded (http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/video2/newflooded/)

If I win, my mailing address will confirm that I live in that area.

Just a little over a week before the flood, I purchased a new home. I don't get to move in there until August 25, so until then, I get to live in a bedroom with all my stuff in boxes, and switch between using an underpowered Windows laptop and an ancient Apple PowerBook G4.

My plan for the board would be to build another HTPC for my new home. I never really knew just how lucky I was to have my own HTPC until I had to share a regular 20" CRT TV with others. No pausing or rewinding TV. No setting up regular recording schedules using a program guide. It's probably the single luxury that I miss the most.

I really like the number of PCIe slots. I've been thinking about adding one or more tuners, and I've been very happy with the 650 PCIe. Might as well take the luxury to the next level!

antecneo
08-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I am building my dream machine. I have the Phenom II X3 720 already. just need the motherboard.

perds
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I would give it to my brother. He's a big noob and fried his old one, and I can't afford a new one :( This one looks awesome.

T_T
08-14-2009, 12:11 PM
I would use this board for a new HTPC for its reasonable AGP and for light gaming as well!

OgreOgre
08-14-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd start building an HTPC with this board!

newbag7212
08-15-2009, 12:30 AM
I have an old Gigabyte Motherboard that I built about three years ago, and it has been very reliable in performing all my computing activities, at this date I feel that it is due for an replacement. I would use it in my wife priviate school enterprise to perform all her related computing needs, plus I would like to play some of the more recent games on it.

CPU AMD/64 X2 5000+2.6G AM2
GA-MA69GM-S2H
Western Digital SATA (2x250MB)
MEM G.Skill (2x2mb) Ram
NEC DVD
Samsung DVD
PSU CM/RS-650W
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP-BLACK MID-TOWER

T3K
08-15-2009, 12:54 AM
I would use it to upgrade my current Gigabyte motherboard (http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=1513). I was just googling for this potential replacement and that is how I ended up here.

It is going to be interesting what criteria will you use to select the winner. Fingers crossed it will be fair and square. Thanks.

Mr.Tweak
08-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Thank you to everyone who entered!

I am happy to announce that the winner of this contest is laguerta15

I will be contacting this user right away. Look forward to the next contest coming up soon!

:beerchug:

ironleg
08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
congrats on the new motherboard!

Lsdmeasap
08-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Congrats to laguerta15, I am sure you will like your new Gigabyte board!

laguerta15
08-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks a lot tweaktown I hope u get my message

artdrivers
08-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Congratulations to laguerta15 on your GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H mobo. I hope it does circles around that Laptop. :pinkie: