PDA

View Full Version : Jumpy thing in HL

Mr.Tweak
07-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Right, I'm fairly average at most games but HL is one I consider myself mildly good at. I have a question for the HL experts. When I'm playing HL DM online I see people jumping around further and faster than usually...

Are they cheating?

Or is there some way to do this without cheating?

Bahamut Zer0
07-17-2002, 10:16 PM
If its only in Half-Life Death-Match, then they probably have the jumppack powerup. Its a little jetpack-like thing that lets you perform 'long-jumps'. Go through the Hazard Course for more info.

If its in any other gametype (TFC etc), then is pure and simple cheating. :angryfire

Mr.Tweak
07-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Cheers - I'll check it out, I'd win a lot of the time if I could jump around like they do... :laugh:

Darthtanion
07-20-2002, 02:54 PM
Could it have been the conc grenade jump? I've seen folks do it, but I was never able to master the move myself.

Bahamut Zer0
07-20-2002, 03:51 PM
conc grenades arent in HL DM. Youre thinkin of TFC, Darth.

Darthtanion
07-21-2002, 01:44 AM
Could be. Sorry... not a heavy player as I'm sure you can tell. :)

sKuLLsHoT
07-23-2002, 09:30 AM
definitely the jump pack power-up, nuthin like jumping all-round the map with that thing, most annoying part is just getting it, and then gettin fragged :D

Mr.Tweak
07-23-2002, 09:35 AM
definitely the jump pack power-up, nuthin like jumping all-round the map with that thing, most annoying part is just getting it, and then gettin fragged :D

How is it done then?

sKuLLsHoT
07-23-2002, 10:36 AM
all you have to do is find the jet/jump-pack in most maps

for example datacore, you go into that room where there is a sort of tower thing, and up the back theres that hole u crawl through to get the snarks, and near the other side is that ladder that goes up to the main room where u get tripmines, and it connects to the room with the MP5...

anyway back to that room up the top, theres a metal walkway, and there is a jetpack there..

usually u get that jump-pack and race around to the area where the cross bow is and then u go up on the little box and super-jump accross to get the rocket-launcher

another thing u might see people doing is gauss jumping, where u charge the gauss gun and shoot it at the ground and it propels u fast and far...or it kills u :)

Mr.Tweak
07-23-2002, 11:27 AM
OK it's crouch + jump which enables the jump pack... :)

sKuLLsHoT
07-23-2002, 12:32 PM
lol :laugh:

i knew i was forgettin somefin : peace2: