Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is to much a bad thing ???

:confused:

I have been reading a few things here and there and wanted to find out for sure whether or not they are infact true.

Thermal compound ....

how much to use

1)thin layer
    2)thick layer
    3) the whole tube

I ask this as my cpu is far hotter than i expected it to be !!!

And on the same note, which compond is the best to use ??

* * just checked all my temp sensors and my case temp averages out across 4 readings to 19'c quite an achievment i think * *

Only a very thin layer on top of the core, about the thickness of a sheet of paper. Arctic Silver 3 or TherMagic are the best compounds around atm. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks for that, beeing the pleb i am i havre put a great big lump on it. . . sometimes you think you know alot and then you just discrace yourself ..... sometimes i really wonder perhaps i should just get a gameboy ehh

Comment

Don't worry about it as I've seen ppl who have put none on to those that have put almost a whole tube. ;)

Comment

Never hurts to ask.
          Just clean it all off, and do it again proper.
          No problems!
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

yes very very think layer on the core not much at all.. use a credit card to smooth it on if you want to thats what i have been using seems to work aight

Comment

:snip:

Cheers guys, i put a thin layer on last night and also put mt new dragon orb 7000rpm fan on my heatsink and it took 21'c off the temp .... time to overclock it now i think

Comment

Sounds good............can someone loan me a credit card:D
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I have a couple here Mr.C that ya can borrow, cancelled of course. ;)

Comment

I have some good ones you can have if you make the payments.

Comment

I use artic silver on my cpu, damn that **** is good.
                      Now it runs at around 38c ideling with just one casefan
                      (80 mm Zalman) it is an outtake from the case, got no intake yet... :( After a few weeks use the temp slowly dropped to this,
                      at the beginnig before the compound had "burned in" the temp was about 41-42 ideling... Hope to get it down to 36-37 ideling with a proper casecooling. Think that is possible?
                      I will never mount a cpu without artic silver in the future...

:rolleyes2

Comment

The case cooling won't hurt it. With no filtered intake, you may have a bit of a dust problem soon.

Comment

The problem is that i don't have any intake mounting possibility
                          in my case, i guess i could modd it and add a fan in the side of it but i think i rather go for a new one instead that allow me to have an intake or two in the front and outtake in the back...

:rolleyes2

Comment

My case:

Comment

Inside the case:

Comment

Working...
                              X