Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung DV camera problem! HELP!

Ok, i got a BIG problem

My neighbour has a computer which he bought about a year ago now... anywayz... he has a firewire card in it... he used his Samsung camera in it and when we capture or play the video after about 4+ secopunds the picture gives rectangle squares everywhere and coloured squares while playing the video.. but I have tried the camera on our new pc with firewire and it works with the programs we used on his... and his is win 98 ours is win xp home... now we used the sony camera we have and it works fine and his camera works fine on ours is their a problem with the firewire card the programs are ok i have used videowave 3 and 5 and they work fine on ours... and also adobe premiere but still no hope on his machine but works nice on ours? now i thiking a patch or new drivers for his windows or a compatibility issue with the firewire card and his samsung camera???

he has a 1.4ghz amd athlon and 256 sdram or ddr cant remember
    we have 2ghz 512 ddr p4

Any ideas PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Sammy

Firewire was only half heartedly implimented in 98 so that's probably where the problem is. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Are you sudgesting my neighbour needs to upgrade his OS? but why if my camera works fine on his and his camera doesnt...

Sammy

Comment

Soz I missed that bit buried in the middle but maybe lookin' for an updated driver would help also check to see if the Firewire is sharing an IRQ with something else which maybe the prob. :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X