ok this is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok this is it

Ok check this out......its more then just what it seems......I don't need any help I just want an opinion.......basically this is the deal......I have an Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz 266FSB with 256Meg of PC2100 ddr ram a geforce 3 and well a sound blaster live.....the mobo is the epox ep-8kha+.......so anyway here is my point of this post......my dad a few days ago bought a new system and it is as follows athlonxp 1600+ (1.4GHz) a voodoo 3 and the mobo is the shuttle ak-31a......his board is the crappiest board ever made in my opionion the review that I read on hardocp.com was the worst review that I ever read EVER......and he keeps saying that I'm jelous becuase his is running faster then mine......now basically lets think about something here....the only thing that he does is some web design web browsing email word processing and well what youwould expect from a typical computer user......so he's not even taking advantage of the DDR or the SSE instructions........so I know my computer will destroy his because of my video card and mmy better mobo....if we were to benchmark our processors about how much extra points would he get? or would he get less then my cause of his crappy board.....I can't beleive he called me jelous? When all I said I might be interested in was an Athlon 2200? thanks

A Voodoo3? :eek:
    That alone would be the biggest handicap he has. :(
    Did someone see him comin' to get rid of an obsolete card they had hangin' around? :?:
    You win. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

good so I have nothing to worry about I outperform him by even in basic windows apps?

Comment

RD why don't you benchmark then...?...3dmark you'll blow him...pc mark..might be close tho don't you think WiGG0? Do it RD whats stopping you...it'll be fun .: peace2:
        - Damien

Comment

Well let's just put it this way the best of the Voodoo3's was about inline with the TNT2 Ultra so take a look at this card comparison (you'll have to find the TNT2 Ultra as they didn't think it worth puttin' in 3DFX cards as they're dead now. :smokin:

Comment

What CPU did they Benchmark does cards WiGGo?...Thats Exact score i got the first time i ran a Benchmark on my rig.
            - Damien

Comment

Yeah my PC No.2 with the GF4MX440 scores just over the GF4MX460 in that but I'll attach the test setup too. ;)

Comment

yea no wonder...its a simlar system to mine. Thx WiG:thumb:
                - Damien

Comment

Well I know for a fact that I'll take him.......in 3dmark.......I already ran PCmark and gave him the results........what's stopping him from getting the results of his? I'm not sure but will I take him that too.......considering my mobo is ausome and his is well.......the worst ever produced? I mean I don't really know for a fact but have you read the review at hardocp.com? It was horrible can't detect processors correctly? Crashed when running 3d studio max? The last sentence was we cannot recommend this mobo to any power user or PC enthusiaest. Ya his processor is more powerful then mine. Exactly how much though?

Comment

Well both CPU's run at the same speed and the only advantage over your's is SSE instructions which contribute about an extra 5% improvement.
                    It wasn't until Shuttle released Rev3 of that motherboard that it acted properly but that Voodoo 3 is goin' to hold it back in most tests. :smokin:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yea, a Voodoo 3 was a decent card, when my roomate got one in 99 !

Hahha.

Comment

the results are in........here they are

This results was with programs running in the background.

Demon's Results
                        PCMark2002
                        CPU Score: 3433
                        Memory Score: 3049
                        HDD Score: 495

3DMark2001SE
                        Memory Score: 2762
                        HDD Score: 154

3DMark2001SE
                        note:tests 11,12,14,15 not run

Comment

Did ya Dad :cry: after seein' them? :?:

Comment

lol no but I did go "OH" but I looked at him and I said I knew I would beat you in everything except for processor.....

Comment

Why don't you trade chips? there will be almost if not no preformance loss for your dad

Comment

Working...
                              X