Epox 8K3a+ Problems. Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epox 8K3a+ Problems. Please Help!

Hello Everyone. I am having some major issues with a system I have just built. The specs are listed below.

Basically, the system is up and running, but whenever files are transferred between the drives, or if I attempt to burn a CD, I get a stop error referring to the "NV4" driver in an infinite loop. (After looking, its the nv4.sys driver for the video card) A new card is on the way, but will this fix the problem? And does anyone have any other ideas to help make this board more stable?

Epox 8K3a+
    Retail Athlon 1900+ w/Retail Heat Sink
    Windows XP Pro
    Enhance 300W power supply
    256meg stick of Crucial 2100 DDR
    Diamond Viper Riva TNT 16 mb (In AGP Slot)
    SB Live! in PCI Slot 2
    3com modem in slot 4
    3com 3c900B NIC in Slot 5
    IBM 120GXP 80 gig (split into three partitions) on RAID controller #1
    IBM 13 gig drive on RAID controller #2
    ZIP CD burner as Primary Master
    ZIP 100 on Primary Slave
    Toshiba DVD on Secondary Master

Please help! Its driving me crazy!

~Bugman

Yes that old vid card is probably the culprit as it really isn't suited to the later Det drivers but more info on the prob can be found here, http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=64 :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

It's been a while since I was using the TNT variety of nVidia boards, but if I recall correctly, the Detonator 5.32 drivers were about the best for that card. Everything newer is designed for the GeForce boards and can create stability problems with the TNT flavor of boards.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

And don't I know that. Above DirectX 7.1 is also a big prob. :(

Comment

Thanks for the ideas and the quick reply. There should be a new card on the way shortly, just trying to decide which one to get. Hopefully that will fix my woes. Thanks again!

~Bugman

Comment

With all that gear attached to your Computer you will proably be looking for a new PSU next :)

:p

Comment

Nah, a decent HSF (Volcano 7+) and turn the CPU up to an XP2100+ (or further). ;)

Comment

Working...
              X