Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which MP3 Player Should I get / You Want???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which MP3 Player Should I get / You Want???

Ok guys...there are 2 MP3 players im looking forward to buying...here we go...

The Apple Ipod - 5gb Model - $299 USD (10/20gb Model - $399/$499)
    Very nice product...i have used one...really small...fast...big screen and its PC compatible now...and has been...5gb should be enough for me...i wouldnt put my whole collection on it....FiReWiRe...And again...really small

Now the other contender...

Creative NOMAD Jukebox 3 20GB - $342 USD
    USB...FiReWiRe...20gb!!!!...Dual LiON Batteries (add extra)...Small screen...kinda bulky casing...

Apple Ipod (doesnt Matter what size)
    0%
    Creative NOMAD Jukebox 3 20GB
    0%

I love my Frontier labs NEX II Mp3 player. It was only $50 without the compact flash card [open box special] and I got a 256 MB compact flash card from a friend that switched digicams and didn't ned his compact flash card anymore since the new camera uses those tiny CDRs..

256MB = 3.5 - 5 hours depending on bitrate

2 AA batteries last 3+ weeks [i use the thing 2-3 hours a day]

Comment

I've always like the the idea on have all (or at least most) of your music on a single 20GB hard drive, like the Nomad.
      Portability is not a big plus for me - Ive half heartedly looking for a unit that I could use with my home stereo - with a little better line-out capabilities than a single 3.5mm jack like the Nomad (digital optical out would be nice - or even dual RCA's)

I've seen a few unit's like what I'm looking for - they're treated as a kind of curiousity in high end electronics stores - but they seem way over priced for what they are - after all it's really only a hard drive - I'd sooner set up an older PC as an MP3 server and get a USB DAC of some kind.

Comment

Well, this is the true reason I have not bought an iPod yet...

and

When originally announceded, (Jan 2001- @ CES) they claimed that they 500 MB disks would be re-writable, 10 times faster than a zip drive, and TEN dollars PER DISK !!

If they weren't lying, and they play their cards right, they could wipe out IOMEGA overnight, as well as take over all devices that use the 'smart card' type disks.

Far cheaper, plenty fast.

===

I have my doubts though... they have already delayed these devices 5 times over the past year and a half.... :thumbs do

Comment

In fact, at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) They won BEST OF SHOW Overall ten categories.

Comment

Working...
          X