Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony CPD-E230 FD Trinitron CRT...anybody know of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony CPD-E230 FD Trinitron CRT...anybody know of it?

Well im sure you've all just about heard about my monitor problem...well i sent it back & scorptec can't hear it! not happy!! so their runnin more tests on it & to see if they can find it...otherwise ill probably end up purchasing another monitor...and the on i waz probably gonna get is the Sony CPD-E230 FD Trinitron CRT...has anybody heard any goods or bads about this monitor or can you suggest another good monitor for around $580....tah
    At the request of wiggo ;)

If it's Sony - it's usually great. The FD Trinitron tube kicks maximum arse, looks great and has less glare due to the flat screen. If you can get it - GO FOR IT!!! :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Sony's are usually very good. Altho I guess like anything it's still open to abuse especially mishandling in shipment that could cause the problems...

You could get yourself a fairly decent 19" for around $580 (if you were willing to give up the Sony brand)
      Onyx

TweakTown
      OCAU - Overclockers Australia
      CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

I have always liked Sony monitor's but you might also wanna check out the new Samsung Flat's

Comment

Originally posted by ne0z
          I have always liked Sony monitor's but you might also wanna check out the new Samsung Flat's

Korean CRT tube? ewwwwww, don't think so :no:

Give me a nice Japanese tube any day :lips:

And yes - my monitor does have a Samsung tube - and I'm not that impressed with it

Comment

Scorptec ahhhhhhh!

I got a bad mobo from them, so i sent it back and they want me to pay all sorts of things like testing cost.
            Ive got no problem paying it if the mobo ain faulty but it is so bah!
            And then for my credit (which was bloody hard to get, they wanted to send me another mobo) they will only give me the $$ the mobo is worth now, not how much i payed!

STAY AWAY FROM SCORPTEC!! :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

well I had a stick of 256mb sdram from scorptec that was a little dodgey, sent it to them complete with a microscope diagnostic error and they had it replaced ASAP :geek:

Scorptec's service is great, but if you send things back in the instance of grims monitor - like it making a sound - the sound depends on the power, now how can you expect them to hear the sound unless their power source is unfiltered?

as for the motherboard - unless you have given them exact details of why it doesnt work and what it does then they DO have to spend time working it out for themselves - people don't work for no wages, you do realise.
              SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
              Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

I told them -> the motherboard aint powerup
                NOTHING happens ;P

Comment

did you say mobo doesnt powerup, tried changing all jumpers, tried chaning psu tried bare boot, tried different cpu tried different ram tried different video card, reset bios, please recieve motherboard and immmediately dispatch replacement.
                  SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                  Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

the trinitron is great and all but i highly recommend the Hitachi CM-625 yes the 625 not the 621-F i got mine for $540 it's flat screen and has a very high refresh rate ( i'm running 1280x1024@85 Hz) the sony can only do that res at 75 Hz.

Comment

My friend just bought a CPD-E230 and it kicks MAXIMUM ARSE!!!

The screen is deadly flat - looks concave at first if you're not used to an FD Trinitron tube. Crystal clear image, very fine grille pitch, and made in Japan.

Top monitor...... but expensive :frog:

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
                        If it's Sony - it's usually great. The FD Trinitron tube kicks maximum arse, looks great and has less glare due to the flat screen. If you can get it - GO FOR IT!!! :thumb:
                        I can vouch for that. I love my Sony 21" G520! :afro:

Comment

ill revive this about scorptec
                          I told them it aint work no matter what and Sov from TT was at my house trying to get it to work aswell, with no luck

blokes at pc shops tried etc etc
                          I wrote and said whatever i and pc shop peeps try, nothing works
                          that should tell them whats wrong

Comment

If it's anything like the E200, then it'll kick arse ! My E200 rocks ! :thumb:

Actually, you may wanna check out KDS. Their monitors use the Sony tube but are heaps cheaper. It you're like me you'll just spend the extra for the Sony name anyway !

Comment

Working...
                            X