180w Psu?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180w Psu?!?

Hey guys, i had a question on this PSU a cool case i found at newegg.com. It said 180W psu?...i thought 180 w would be crap ..i remember guys like WiG and ML tellin me to get a 350W AT LEAST!....so i went ahead and got a 500W for my hummingbird. The humming bired is way to big and clunky and well expensive to be carrying around to LAN parties. So i decided to make me a small lan 'puter. Not sure on the specs yet tho i found a cool case but look at the psu...
    - Damien

BTW this what the case looks like...i think its cool...
    - Damien

Comment

Well I do say a quality 300w thanx but for the case and PSU ya shown you use a highly intergrated motherboard designed for use with lower output PSU's and other than a ROM, HDD and maybe a floppy and the very limited expansion capability of the motherboard these units work well in most cases for which they were designed but there are limits to what you'll get to work in them properly. For a quiet office PC or loungeroom PC they're great but don't expect to load a powerhouse into it. For a C3 or Celeron setup they're great but after that very becareful. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Sorry about that WiGGo...i thought you mentioned a 350W...
        and thanx for keeping in touch with the thread dude...thx for the reply...i will maybe stick a 400w in place of the 180 w...
        Thanx again and sorry if i unrespectfully quoted you or anything...well ..i'm off and thx
        - Damien

Comment

How big is your current PC? Is it even a full tower?

Comment

Yes, its one like ANTEC...sorta looks like the alienware type cases...
            - Damien

Comment

Well, believe it or not, unless you have 6 5.25" bays you do not have a full tower, you have a mid-tower. And for your information I DO carry my full tower to lans, as well as my 19" monitor, and my laptop :D

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
                BTW this what the case looks like...i think its cool...
                It looks like an MSI barebones system
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I see your point there Zeradul.... even though my case is extra heavy with all its fans, and the copper HS from the Volcano 7+ and the drives...but if i am gonna lag a heavy ass montor why even bother carrying a light system...might as well carry your beast with it.
                  THX PEEPS
                  : peace2:
                  - Damien

Comment

Working...
                  X