KT7A MOBO, Can I use PCI GFORCE VID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KT7A MOBO, Can I use PCI GFORCE VID

Hi all and I love your board. just a quick question for the knowledgable. I'm currently in the midst of building my own PC. My motherboard (which should be here today) will be a A-Bit KT7A-Raid with a 1600 ATH XP processor. Antec Black Server case with 350W power supply, Anyway, I have a GFORCE2 MX/400 PCI graphics card I purchased not to long ago(kickin myself in the ass now) Its a good card, but my question is will I be able to use it temporarily until I can get a AGP card? If so are there any steps I need to take prior to initial setup. Also I'll be a newb when it comes to all of the bios tweaks associated with the Abit motherboards, I've read its fairly simple but would like to hear some advice from the crew here before I start. I'll be using 384 mbs SDRAM memory to start. What are some optimal setting, I'm an online gaming freak (UT,TFC,RTCW,Quake...) so thats where my attentions are really focused. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated and a thanks in advance..... Laz ;)

No problems with that as the os will just detect it as a PCI vid card then after the VIA 4 in 1 drivers are loaded just load the video card drivers and all should be sweet. ;)
    <center></center>

Comment

Glad to have you aboard. :D

As for your video card, Wiggo was correct. Your new motherboard will be able to handle it just fine. You might want to check in the manual, though, and see if there is a setting that tells the board to look at the PCI slot for the main graphics card instead of the AGP port. I don't recall offhand if there was a choice with this board (I just recently sold mine off).

As for tweaks, check out the following site. It is known to be one of the best for hidden BIOS settings and such, and should help you get the most out of this board.
      http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm

Good Luck and HAVE FUN!
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Thanks for the replies and the link, this will be a great leap forward for me, I'm running an e-machine 533 (dont laugh to hard) but I was a tweaking machine, as much as I could anyway. I hope this little setup gets me headed in the right direction, from what I've read the KT7A is a pretty stable and tweakable board, I know its a little old as far as anatomic computer time goes 1 month = 1 year, but I'm trying to do this and save as much money as possible, still have to feed the family and dont really want to get rid of the kid yet :p once again thanks and I've been visiting this site for a while but with my old system I really had little to no tweakability, but now I think I can post and feel like I have a system that won't be a quick laugh........... once again thanks guys........ Laz

Comment

Glad to be of help. :D

ANd don't be a stranger. Join right in. ;)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X