Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply Modding

Hello,
    I have an old Power Supply and I still wanted to use it for all of my fans and lights and all that. The problem is that the only way these power supplies turn on is with a signal. Is there anyway i can change the settings or sumthin to have it turn on by just plugging it in or sumthin?? :shoot3: :shoot2:

AT or ATX one? :?:

Comment

How do u check what type it is?? It came with a Compaq AMD 476 Mhz computer

Comment

AT's have a two piece motherboard connection where ATX is a single connector. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

well then it should be ATX

Comment

Ok then this is how ya power one without a mobo, http://www.virtual-hideout.net/guide...ds/index.shtml , and I've used this before. ;)
            This one, http://www.pc-mod.com/articles/atx/ , is how to power both together but I havn't used it so can't say how well it works. :smokin:

Comment

Thank you for your help i got it up and running:thumb: thanks for the help:shoot3: :shoot2:

Comment

Wiggo,

So this works ok and should be pretty safe then

Comment

how do you do it for an AT

Comment

I am just guessing but i would think that its gonna be the same

Comment

With an AT PSU you have to connect the the first wire on the P8 connector (which should be coloured orange) to one of the earth wires (black) on that same connector to get the "Good Power" signal to work then just use the switch to turn it off and on. :smokin:

Comment

i was almost close ish ......

Comment

Wiggo, great diagrams in that link. Now I can have 20 fans in my case and not overload my primary PSU!

Comment

Only iffin ya two PSU's I think. :D

Comment

For a total of three? I think this may be a good use for a cheap PSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X