Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slk800

hi all
    as u;ve no doubt have read....the SLK800 from thermalrite is a MONSTER of a cooler...and i;m getiing mighty sick of my mcx and delta....i thought maybe i could get an SLK800 and shove a nice quiet 40cfm panaflow on top:D
    any ideas or comments?
    anyone by chance have something similar?

(backround info paragraph) I have my (full tower) case separated into two halves.. the bottom half is sealed in all directions to minimize sound, and the upper half contains the PSU, and the rom drives, as well as the hard drives behind filtered 5.25" vents.

I run a 23 CFM Sunon 60mm on my Gladiator, and my T-Bird (71 Watt) [email protected] runs no hotter than 120 F (48C) And that is in rooms as warm as 80F (26C) (Temperatures sensed by my Digital Doc)

And that is with an overall throughput of roughly 15CFM. My current case goals are being quiet and keeping clean. (well filtered) I have succeeded with both... everything stays almost completely dust free, and my case is about as loud as an average 80 mm fan held in your hand. My case gets quite a bit louder as the temp rises (temp sensitive fans)

PS: I did have my 1.4 @ 1.6 for a few weeks when my PC was new (9 months ago) but then I realized that I really have no reason to OC, and since I believe THIS PC will still be in my posession and useful (for something) in even 10 years from now, I have decided not to overclock in favor of ease on the system, as well as being quieter, and I want many years of flawless stability. (Need I say lack of a real reason to OC? Not even games benefit... yet)

Comment

Yea yea, one of these days I will get some pics taken... yea yea, a pic is worth a thousand words... i know...

Comment

ahhi see...u;ve baffled your case eh?yea ive read quite a lot bout the benefits of that.....lol well to simplify my question, i would like to greatly reduce the noise from my computer but i am not prepared to sacrifice too much performance...in other words i still wanto overl****...so i guess a ur saying a 40cfm panaflow and a SLK800 wouldn't perform too well? just out of curiosity zerdaul if u replace the sunon on ur gladiator with a detla 60MM how much diference will u see?
        :cheers:

Comment

Well, i actually do that (and did do that) when it was OC'ed. It is about twice as loud... little more than twice... and I can get 1.6 out of it easy...

is that what you are asking?

I haven't used baffles actually, I just used professional sound board, coated with black felt on each of the inside surfaces of the case... (on the lower portion)

Comment

hmm well basically i'm asking hoe would the performance of an SLK800 with a high speed panaflow compare to the delta and ,cx i've got now:cheers:

Comment

Well you current Heatsink earns a score .52 Degrees Celicius/ per watt. with its stock fan at full speed. The SLK 800 earns a .46 with its stock fan. Dan from dansdata tested its little brother, (the 600 with a 2 Watt fan (!!!!), and it STILL performed at .56 (!!) (thats better than the Volcano 9 with the beastiest fan on earth.)

In short, yes, the SLK800 with a very slow fan will still kick the crap out of almost everything out there.

quote from dans comments about the SLK 600:
              So I switched to a peaceful little 25mm tall two watt Y.S. Tech fan. Which is the sort of fan that sensible people use.

Without the Post-It breeze-blockers, this the SLK-600 with this modest fan scored 0.55°C/W. With them, it scored 0.56.
              http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p3.htm#slk800

Comment

kool thx....that's good enuf for me:D
                time to place an order:)
                and zerdaul thanks for your help:cheers:

Comment

No prob. :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                  X