Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Disk ?????

Hello,

I need to re-instal windows ME, but do not have a boot disk (floppy) ..... where abouts is the utility to create a new one on windows. Is it on the CD or will it be somewhere on me hard drive

Goto www.bootdisk.com and from there you can download a program to automatically create a bootable floppy disk for you.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Cheers, but isnt there a way to do it from windows it self, i could swear there was

Comment

Yeah, this is the easiest way though.
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

how do i do it the hard way

Comment

Control Panel ---> Add/Remove Programs ---> *last tab... don't recall the actual name* ---> Create Start-up Disk
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

nice one boss, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                Goto www.bootdisk.com and from there you can download a program to automatically create a bootable floppy disk for you.
                this is a fantastic site - i use em all the time at work - its signifactly faster that going thru windows to create one
                http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

i would use that site but, due to my os beeing well dead i cant gfet on the internet unless i am at work, like now so i am gonna have to do it through windows on my bro's pc. quicker than connecting his pc to the net ay!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X