• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Quickcam Express CRASHS ITSELF AND KEYBOARD! AHHHHH

HI!!!!
    I NEED BIG ASS HELP LOL

I have a logitech quickcam express webcamera

and when i use it .. it crashs?!?!! this is when its on largest or medium size i tryed it with the smallest size and it dont crash!!!

BUT i have all the latest software and drivers & i have the 4 in 1 thing for the VIA Chipset systems.. i have tryed many things but nothing... i cant really use the webcam now because of this please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Sammy :cry: :cry: :cry:

lol, compaq

umm, do you have a p3 or a k7? maybe you screwed up the drivers or the usb thing

umm, did it have problems before you installed a particular thing?

Comment

Quick question...

Has this webcam ever worked at all resolutions? I ask because since it works at the lowest resolution, and crashes the system at higher settings, it is likely either some faulty drivers or a lack of computing power to handle the load.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Nope Didnt have any problems at all drivers are all ok...

i checked them.. and i also know because i use the webcam b4 at all resolutions on Win ME and it worked fine.. butnow XP doesnt like the webcam... :mad:

And its WEEING ME OFF BIGITME

the motherboard and USB's are all ok...
        It isnt the webcam fault its the actuall Operating system cause it wokrs fine on other OS's but i cant get it to work on XP!?!?!?! WTF is wrong?! HELP PLEASE!! :geek:

Sammy

Comment

Ok ya need more power to run Windows XP than ME so that's probably why ya havin' trouble but it would help if ya can give us the full specs of the PC such as CPU model and speed, the amout of RAM ya have, type of motherboard and anything you can supply us with as it would make it much easier. :smokin:
          <center></center>

Comment

Ok :D

Compaq Presario 5000 series 5WV280
            AMD Athlon 900mhz Proccessor
            320MB Ram
            DVD
            CDRW
            Floppy Drive
            56k v.90 Modem
            nVIDIA Vanta GFX Card 8mb
            VIA ChipSet (Motherboard i think aswell)
            4 USB Slots
            WebCam (USB)
            Mouse(PS/2)
            Keyboard(USB)

Anything else... lol

Sammy :thumb:

Comment

have you done any memory tweaks or tweaked XP at all?? if not then try some memory tweaks...try these:

Find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer]. Create a new sub-key named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to 1. Now restart the computer for it to work...

When running programs windows leaves the DLL's loading into the memory & doesn't remove them until you restart which eats up memory...this removes those DLL's from the memory which slows down those programs loadings times by a tad...but who cares so long as it all works :)

heres another one..http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=120&dPage=5

do those memory tweaks at the top of the article..

i hope this all works for ya! :thumb: good luck..

Edit: btw, i reckon Wiggo is on the right track there...
              At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Funny, I have the same problem with my webcam under Windows 2000 (same core as XP). On my i815E board, no problems at all, but on my VIA Apollo Pro 266 and P4X266 boards I get STOP errors all the time with it connected....... VIA needs to get their USB into order it seems. Fine under 98SE, totally stuffed under Win2K :(
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Well my webcam has no problems but under Win XP it does like u say the core of 2000 which it is built onto (XP) for better performance.

I have no problems with Xp on this sytemn its fast NOW Reliable :D and even better than before with Windows ME!!!
                  The computer boots up without any problems... meaning by that i say that "Its fast" :D and there isnt any faults with the system...

But i need to know that why it isnt working i know there is some VIA chipset problem and its the cause for everybody but the the hell dont they get there act together?! :(

I wanna use this webcam really bad and cause i cant i cant exactly do netmetting cause it crashs the keyboard and the webcam and then i gotta reboot and it takes ages to reboot :( this is really anoying

Sammy :thumb:

Comment

um, do you realise that John Gatt comes here? if you want to say something (no flaming!) then go into the VIA Forum...
                    At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Who is John Gatt? is he th manager of VIA by any chance.... :geek:

Sammy

Comment

Let's just say that he's important at VIA (Aust.) ;)
                        <center></center>

Comment

Working...
                        X