Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace over temp control by itself !

:smokin:
    i haven't problem with Volcano 7 on :bounce2: Athlon 1700+ and Epox 8k3a+ during hot summer include : peace: chassic fan and atx cool fan so i put temperature control sensor into inside heatstink from outside of heatstink / fan as great help ,lot
    Dont use Volcano 7+ cuz it ask you to adjust varitey control speed by your self as headach ! ! !
    Better way control speed fan by itself during temperature up or down
    3,500 to 5000 rpm on my Volcano 7 :smokin:
    Also i dint use creadit card for spread aritic silver 3 get over cpu so i use my finger , lol
    Anyway i heard about new Volcano 9 seem to be good but i haven't try so i'm happy with Volcano 7 as Rock

The idea that the Volcano 7 "waits" for your core to become hot in order to speed up to cool down is not too satisfying. The speeds on the 7+ isn't all that of a headache...you don't have to constantly change it...and i also like the copper HS it comes with and the idea that its always gonna maintain itself at that speed meaning it will never heat up past a certain temp. My two cents...
    - Damien

Comment

:snip: Dont forget about some people couldnt afford extra stuffs of fans or expesnive power supply , etc
      anyway , if high hot summer
      then anyone need to change speed control on Volcanco 7+ to cool heat core, down :thumbs do so if normal temp then change speed control ,again by personself so i prefer to see itself control speed when if hot or normal core , as simple for person get happy ! than headach :shoot3:
      if u are happy with Volcano 7+ as fine for you cuz u have lots of intake / exhaust fans :cheers:

Comment

hehe actually Cyberthor if done with care, spreading the arctic silver with ur finger is just as good as using a credit card :)

Comment

Actually Cyberthor I have the switch for my Volcano 7+ mounted just at the back of the case (and others that I've assembled) so it's in easy reach without having to open the case but if that's too much effort for ya then that's your prob and not mine. :devil:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
            hehe actually Cyberthor if done with care, spreading the arctic silver with ur finger is just as good as using a credit card :)
            Even the Arctic Silver site states that this is a bad idea (or at least it did the last time I checked it). Reason being that when you use a bare finger it leaves skin cells behind that can hinder the effectiveness of the coating of goop.

Can it really matter? Yes! When you compress the Arctic Silver between the heatsink and the processor core, it is only about .006 inches thick. I have heard of some using a finger while wearing a latex glove, but don't use just a finger.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

:devil: Darthtanion,
              i thought devil could stand up with any chemical burn up ! ,lol :devil win
              so artic silver 3 dint be other effect on me when i use my finger to spread it over cpu core , :smokin:
              then i washed my slicky hands ,up :cheers: if u use finger to spread atric silver over cpu cores as over 1 k times then it might be bad effect to u or me ! :no: ,lol

Hey Wiggle
              i never thought about back case when u set speed control device up at back case so your good witty ! :cheers:
              your satasfying with Volcano 7+ so i m happy with Volcano 7 :cheers:

Comment

what the hell restate that get names right and be understandable

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberthor
                  :snip: Dont forget about some people couldnt afford extra stuffs of fans or expesnive power supply , etc
                  You can always wait and save the 20 or so more bucks for a 7+ thats what i did. I saved and had some patients and went with the 7+...and case fans aren't THAT expensive...6 USD for 80mm YS Tech 3700 RPMs, my PSU was 60 bucks..for a 500W i really don't think thats too much for a 500W and that again was patients i could have easily gone with a 350 and called it quits. I decided to wait and again save money for it. I suppose you can do the same and afford most of the things...
                  - Damien

Comment

ya what I usually do is take a piece of plastic from a hardware baggie or something and pull it really really tight over my index finger. and then apply the ac3 like that.........it works but I don't even know if I put to much or too little I just put on so that when I start rubbing it on the core if I move some out of the way I can still see the core so I move it back to cover it up as long as the core turns grey I think I'm ok.....ya I should probably use more next time.

Comment

, lol about much or less arctic silver 3 on cup core so at store , dealer told me that i could feel bump hit after press arctic silver syringe , gently then stop and thats size for spread over cpu core ! so i did and it work good at first place , :thumb:
                      u got good try ! :cheers:
                      if much then wrong something could tell you as i havent seen what it look alike , lol
                      Anyway , dealer told me that syringe of arctic silver 3 could make 15 times around to use up ,

Comment

Oh , boy !
                        Dont forget about at other countries where pc stuffs could cost more than usa !
                        example : enemnic power supply cost more in canada and other countries , than usa ! :shoot3:
                        Anyway , other couldnt afford to wait and save extra to buy better pc stuffs ,
                        , so others could feel alike to have pc right away ! :zzz:

I hope you get it at all , : peace2:

Comment

Gee dude you didn't have make a whole thread just to get that point across...lol...regardless a person can wait even it does cost more...that is if you really want the item. If i remember correctly you were the one with the beginning statement...i was just expressing my opinion on why i perfer the volcano 7+ over the volcano 7. There is nothing wrong with the 7 my friends uses it and claims it works just fine. For me it doesn't work well enough so i went a held off on the Volcano 7. I never brought up the subject on how i can afford the HSF and you can't. I simply stated why i perfer the 7+ the same way you stated you perfered the 7.
                          Anyways,......peace!

: peace2:
                          - Damien

Comment

Hey Cyberthor could you please use the "Post Reply" button when answering to this thread instead of the "New Thread" button.
                            Also here in Australia the cost of parts is at least double that of the US if not closer to triple in some cases. :(
                            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I understand WiGGo..and that must suck....but do you get the point i am trying to make?...:)
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X