Lite-ON 40x burner=S L O W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lite-ON 40x burner=S L O W

Okay, I'm stumped. Went and got a brand new Lite-On 40x burner the other day, but for some reason, my system cannot get the thing to burn fast. I swear, the 8x that this is replacing is faster---needless to say, something is very wrong here.

Specs:
    Abit NV7-133R
    Tbird 1.4
    512MB PC2100 Samsung
    GF 3
    Sparkle 350W PSU
    2 Maxtor HDD
    Toshiba 12x DVD
    Samsung 48x CD
    Liteon 48x CDRW
    SIIG ATA100 controller card (hooked up to Lite-On)

All drives are on their own channel. The problem happens regardless of what speed or media is used. I have the latest drivers for my board, so I don't see that as a problem. Yes, I've plugged the cables in the right way...

Did you try putting your drive right into the board instead of the controller card. I don't know if that could create any problems, as I have never used one. I have a LiteOn 24X and it is fast enough that I will never replace it, unless it dies.:hammer:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Yes it could very well be the controller card with your particular setup. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Why do ya still have a CDROM in that setup btw? :?:

Comment

It's been painted black to blend with my system.

Comment

Had a similar problem with my Lite-on drive, the solution was to use a UDMA 33 cable for connection, for some reason UDMA 66 or higher confuses the hell out it.

Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by coldash
              Had a similar problem with my Lite-on drive, the solution was to use a UDMA 33 cable for connection, for some reason UDMA 66 or higher confuses the hell out it.

Give it a try.
              lol, thats sad..

Comment

Well having it on the SIIG controller was the issue. Just swapped it with my DVD-ROM on the motherboards 2nd IDE controller and viola! it works.:D
                Thanks, JM and Wiggo.:thumb: Can't believe I overlooked that issue.

Oh, and mine works fine with a UDMA 66/100 cable.

Comment

Controller cards are usually the first place I look but I'm glad that ya got it sorted. :thumb:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. :cheers:
                    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
                    X