Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-Ripping Probs

hey guys,

i have a new LiteON 40x12x48 burner. i use Easy CD-DA Extractor 4.6.0 to rip cd's.

the prob is that i set the speed to maximum and the most it gets up to is about 4x. most of the time is around 2.5-3x. i have tried setting it to 12x, but that still doesnt go any faster than 4x.

DMA is enabled, Mode 2.

HDD - Slave on Primary controller
    CDRW - Master on secondary controller

the hdd is on slave, because if i recall there was a problem detecting it if its on master.

my old kodak 8x-read, 4x-write, seemed to rip faster.

any ideas appreciated.

thanks

have you tried a different driver or aspi? or maybe its the cd?

Comment

and extracting slow isn't really a bad thing, better quality...or try a different program like EAC

Comment

well i use MusicMath Jukebox now, does at aroun 6x.

thanks for the ideas guys, problem solved!

Comment

well, then if its a software problem, try different ripping programs to see what kind of rip is done and at what speed, aka secure, burst..etc

Comment

What kind of media are you using. That makes a big difference. Most drives detect the type of media and set the max speed not to exceed the capability of the media.

Comment

its not just ripping with musicmatch, its encoding at the same time ROFL, that speed is fine considering you have a 600MHz Duron

for best performance in musicmatch i always go into the recording settings seection and click the autoconfig button for every cd, it seems to make it work so much faster...but so does a faster CPU

Comment

Yup, encoding is completely dependant on processor capability. Its an awful hard task.

Comment

Working...
                X