No announcement yet.

EP45-UD3L. Slow to connect after sleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3L. Slow to connect after sleep.

Not really a bug, maybe just a mere annoyance, or maybe just a Realtek thing.

Anyways, when Vista 64 goes to sleep and I log back in, it takes about a minute before Internet connection is established (maybe a little longer).

On my old Intel board with the Intel LAN, connection would almost be automatic once I logged back in from sleep mode.

Is this just a Realtek LAN thing or is there a setting I shuld be tweaking?

Thanks all!

Re: EP45-UD3L. Slow to connect after sleep.

If you are using the latest BIOS (F7) then it is likely a realtek driver issue, does everything else resume normally?

Latest RealTek Drivers are here if you want to test the latest out>>
    Realtek

It very well could be normal though as your LAN/Router/Modem would need to assign an IP to you, which could take a bit sometimes

Comment

yes. everything resumes on time (normally).

I have latest BIOS.

I was thinking Realtek issue as well, because my network is configured the exact same way as when I was using an Intel board/LAN.

Going to check Realtek drivers now, but I remember already installing the ones from September from the Giga site.

Thanks!

Comment

Magic!

I downloaded the latest Realtek drivers from Realtek site.

Installed, and now I connect instantly when resuming from sleep.

BTW. the drivers from Realtek site are newer than the ones from Gigabyte, although they are from same month.

Thanks Lsdmeasap!

Comment

Great to hear!!

I always grab the latest drivers direct, that's why I suggested it as I know I did not see any S3 issues like you mentioned so I thought this may help you out!

Nice to see it did, post back anytime if you need help with anything else!

Comment

Working...
          X