PDA

View Full Version : Beige Hornet

Slamo
07-28-2002, 12:10 PM
My new case.

After extensive modding, a lot of blood, sweat and tears, My case was finally complete. I call it: THE BEIGE HORNET!

Wiggo
07-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Time to get out the jigsaw and drill plus buy a window kit and a few fans. :thumb:
<center>:cheers:</center>

Mr.Tweak
07-28-2002, 12:42 PM
And don't forget neon, *hides all in sight*

chisholm
07-29-2002, 05:12 PM
um slamo wat exactly did u mod?:confused:

Mr. C
07-29-2002, 06:44 PM
For being beige and all, that is a rather sexy tower there:?:
Just need a blower, slot cooler and a couple other goodies and I'd be in love!: peace:

zeradul
07-31-2002, 04:41 AM
chisholm... can we refer to you as chris? thats how I read your name...

None the less, chris, the thread is just sarcasm... intended to be funny.. :p

FLaCo
07-31-2002, 06:47 AM
ZERADUL thats exactly how i used to read it lmao...i thought i was the only one...lol:laugh:

CHRIS!

zeradul
07-31-2002, 07:31 AM
Yea, the human mind is a strange thing. If we had to look at every letter to read a word, reading would take FOREVER, but we grab the important parts of the word and assume we already know the middle letters.

I saw a show on the learning channel a while back. (I watched because it was hosted by John Cleese who is a monty python guy)

Anyways, roughly 30% of the brain is dedicated to sight, and almost HALF of that is dedicated to recognizing FACES! Isn't that insane? They had a guy on who had a tumor removed from his brain, and during the surgery apparently they harmed a crucial nerve in his brain, and so now he still has PERFECT vision, but he can't recognize ANYONE by their faces. Sounds dumb, but his brain lost its connection to his warehouse of faces, he can't remember any new ones, and he can't recall any ones from his past, and since all faces are almost identicle, he wouldn't recognize his family in public, unless they spoke to him and he recognized their voices.

He would have to think, ok this guy is blonde, has a big nose, brown eyes, medium complexion, a mustache, and a few freckles, about 5'10" and then the guy would be able to say "that could be my son"

Earier I said "all human faces are almost identicle" and they are. For example... to HUMANS, all ape faces look the same, but they look WAY different to the Apes. And DON'T think I am prejudice, but the show also said that for this reason, it is harder for white people to see the differences in faces of the chinese... and the chinese have the same problem with whites to some extent. We *can* do it, but it isn't as easy. This is why young kids sometimes say "why do all of (insert race here) people look the same. And I bet some of you will admit that you find some nationalities to look the same.

Anyways, I found that fascinating.

FLaCo
07-31-2002, 07:35 AM
I saw the Eposides TWICE ..one year apart. The hostess was that beautiful Elizabeth Hurley. The show was called "the Human Face". A very fasinating show...teaches cool stuff like ZeraduL just explained.

zeradul
07-31-2002, 12:24 PM
Yea, TLC and the History channel are tremendous channels. It is amazing to me how many shows they have... they can go 24/7 and I BARELY ever see a repeat. And everything is TOP notch.

I don't watch that much, but it is still amazing

Corduroy
07-31-2002, 01:37 PM
The reason that TLC and the History Channel can have that much quality programming with no repeats is because of the cost of making documentaries.

My friend Chris goes to film school at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and I was recently at his 21st birthday party. The film students I talked to were saying that documentaries are incredibly easy to make in comparison to a feature film. The documentaries on the History channel are particularly easy.

First of all, you can make the whole thing on video, rather than 35mm film, since it will be appearing on TV and not projected on a screen that needs a good projectable image. Film is incredibly expensive, so the documentarians are cutting huge costs there.

Also, most of the History channel documentaries are addressing different specifics in World War II or other very reported events. They use a lot of stock footage which is often times free to use. The only costs of the film are the interviews, which are paid in hundreds or thousands instead of millions of dollars; the research, which most researchers are simply glad to see getting some recognition; and the narration, which is done by out of work actors anyway.

Most film students there plan on doing documentaries as an attempt to break into the feature film business. They may cost thousands of dollars to make, instead of millions. The History Channel simply buys them up and slaps them into a program line up. There are plenty of these documentaries just waiting to be bought.

drpeterbright
08-01-2002, 09:03 AM
:snip: Are you trying to say that all beige cases look the same to tweakers because tweakers have a damaged nerve in our brain that keeps us from distinguishing one beige case from another?

:clap:

Slamo
08-05-2002, 06:54 PM
i just installed a window kit and a few case fans.

Coming along quite nice :D

Mr. C
08-05-2002, 07:01 PM
Power tools + PC case.......sounds like you had a nice weekend!

drpeterbright
08-05-2002, 11:37 PM
:) How about a pic? :)

Slamo
08-06-2002, 07:21 PM
working on it

Mr. C
08-07-2002, 07:50 PM
working on it

Did you trade your digicam for a Dremel?

Slamo
08-08-2002, 07:27 PM
nah, used a jigsaw. You can afford to **** up with windows molding :D

Wiggo
08-08-2002, 09:30 PM
I reckon a jigsaw is the best way. ;)
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

drpeterbright
08-11-2002, 09:32 AM
:cool: We're still waiting for the pic. :cool:

wisie
08-17-2002, 06:31 PM
woo
thats the same case as mine.
so far ive put a window with 2 fans holes on it..

then next week (ordering wed hopefully) getting a baybus with 2 fans, (baybus to control fans, and to turn light on & off)

should have this done in like 3 weeks or earilier :D:D
cya

FLaCo
08-18-2002, 01:30 AM
Don't forget your pics wisie...:D

drpeterbright
08-18-2002, 03:10 AM
wisie We really want to see the pics.

wisie
08-18-2002, 09:45 AM
yeah sure will.

Ordering baybus and 2 fans on Wed..

and then a cold cath about a week or 2 afterwards.

Ive been looking around heaps and havn't actually seen any of my type of case mod'd, well i havn't looked around everywhere, but ive searched a few gallery's from site to site.. So , i wanna see how it's gonna come out..

i won't paint it i don't reckon, black would look ****ty...

yellow lol..
dad won't let me paint it anyway :argue:

anyway
cya!
:beer:

wisie
08-18-2002, 09:49 AM
oh
forgot to add,
teh reason im not getting it all in a rush is, because im short for cash at the moment :(

but, it's slowly coming :D:D

hey if anyone see's any pics of a case like this mod'd can you post a picture? im interested to see how they come out modd'd

:clap:

l8r! :beer:

Wiggo
08-18-2002, 10:36 AM
That's the best way to go about it then. I've got my case and DigiDoc 5 ordered, with a 3-4 week wait till the next shipment gets here, then do whatever mods it requires before obtaining the rest of the internals. :thumb:

wisie
08-18-2002, 10:41 AM
yeah

the only sending they allow is air freight,
and thats over night (thankgod)
but it's $11,
so i thouight ill get it in 3 packs instead of 4

just to save a bit of cash ..

drpeterbright
08-19-2002, 05:32 AM
Well you'll have time for you mods & won't have to rush them. That's a good thing.

Wiggo
08-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Yes you most certainly don't want to be rushed while moddin'. :eek:

drpeterbright
08-23-2002, 03:38 AM
T A K E I T E A S Y. Enjoy the process. I wish that I could (and would) take my own advice.

FLaCo
08-23-2002, 07:04 AM
LONG LOVE THE BEIGE HORNEY!!!!

(wait a minute; did i say that right?...)

drpeterbright
08-23-2002, 07:26 AM
FLACO you probably said what was on your mind.

taps
08-29-2002, 07:57 AM
slamo dont quit your day job, to become a comedian...

drpeterbright
08-29-2002, 08:21 AM
But he did and now regrets it.