Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beige Hornet

My new case.

After extensive modding, a lot of blood, sweat and tears, My case was finally complete. I call it: THE BEIGE HORNET!

Time to get out the jigsaw and drill plus buy a window kit and a few fans. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

And don't forget neon, *hides all in sight*
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

um slamo wat exactly did u mod?:confused:

Comment

For being beige and all, that is a rather sexy tower there:?:
          Just need a blower, slot cooler and a couple other goodies and I'd be in love!: peace:
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

chisholm... can we refer to you as chris? thats how I read your name...

None the less, chris, the thread is just sarcasm... intended to be funny.. :p

Comment

ZERADUL thats exactly how i used to read it lmao...i thought i was the only one...lol:laugh:

CHRIS!
              - Damien

Comment

Yea, the human mind is a strange thing. If we had to look at every letter to read a word, reading would take FOREVER, but we grab the important parts of the word and assume we already know the middle letters.

I saw a show on the learning channel a while back. (I watched because it was hosted by John Cleese who is a monty python guy)

Anyways, roughly 30% of the brain is dedicated to sight, and almost HALF of that is dedicated to recognizing FACES! Isn't that insane? They had a guy on who had a tumor removed from his brain, and during the surgery apparently they harmed a crucial nerve in his brain, and so now he still has PERFECT vision, but he can't recognize ANYONE by their faces. Sounds dumb, but his brain lost its connection to his warehouse of faces, he can't remember any new ones, and he can't recall any ones from his past, and since all faces are almost identicle, he wouldn't recognize his family in public, unless they spoke to him and he recognized their voices.

He would have to think, ok this guy is blonde, has a big nose, brown eyes, medium complexion, a mustache, and a few freckles, about 5'10" and then the guy would be able to say "that could be my son"

Earier I said "all human faces are almost identicle" and they are. For example... to HUMANS, all ape faces look the same, but they look WAY different to the Apes. And DON'T think I am prejudice, but the show also said that for this reason, it is harder for white people to see the differences in faces of the chinese... and the chinese have the same problem with whites to some extent. We *can* do it, but it isn't as easy. This is why young kids sometimes say "why do all of (insert race here) people look the same. And I bet some of you will admit that you find some nationalities to look the same.

Anyways, I found that fascinating.

Comment

I saw the Eposides TWICE ..one year apart. The hostess was that beautiful Elizabeth Hurley. The show was called "the Human Face". A very fasinating show...teaches cool stuff like ZeraduL just explained.
                  - Damien

Comment

Yea, TLC and the History channel are tremendous channels. It is amazing to me how many shows they have... they can go 24/7 and I BARELY ever see a repeat. And everything is TOP notch.

I don't watch that much, but it is still amazing

Comment

The reason that TLC and the History Channel can have that much quality programming with no repeats is because of the cost of making documentaries.

My friend Chris goes to film school at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and I was recently at his 21st birthday party. The film students I talked to were saying that documentaries are incredibly easy to make in comparison to a feature film. The documentaries on the History channel are particularly easy.

First of all, you can make the whole thing on video, rather than 35mm film, since it will be appearing on TV and not projected on a screen that needs a good projectable image. Film is incredibly expensive, so the documentarians are cutting huge costs there.

Also, most of the History channel documentaries are addressing different specifics in World War II or other very reported events. They use a lot of stock footage which is often times free to use. The only costs of the film are the interviews, which are paid in hundreds or thousands instead of millions of dollars; the research, which most researchers are simply glad to see getting some recognition; and the narration, which is done by out of work actors anyway.

Most film students there plan on doing documentaries as an attempt to break into the feature film business. They may cost thousands of dollars to make, instead of millions. The History Channel simply buys them up and slaps them into a program line up. There are plenty of these documentaries just waiting to be bought.

Comment

:snip: Are you trying to say that all beige cases look the same to tweakers because tweakers have a damaged nerve in our brain that keeps us from distinguishing one beige case from another?

Comment

i just installed a window kit and a few case fans.

Coming along quite nice :D

Comment

Power tools + PC case.......sounds like you had a nice weekend!
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

:) How about a pic? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X