This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my cooling system plz

I currently have a basic water cooling system but am makeing a chiller system and hope i can get some advice on what i plan on doing.

Seperate powersupply for 2 fans and 2 pelt's
    the pelts cool down a copper pipe wich then cools the water in a custome tank (bassed off of the snapple cooling system.)
    And the rest is regular.

Now some information i am looking for is what kind of liquid should i use?
    Will I have a problem with water?
    Is it possible to use alchohol (lower freezing point) If so what kind of alchohol, and can i still put food coloring in it...

(as is i have food coloring in my water cooling system, with clear tubing and looks sweet)

Thanks for your help people.

Do you have a link for this "snapple cooling system"? :?:

Distilled or demineralised water with water wetter (which has a mild version of antifreeze in it) or a very small amount of LowTox Antifreeze (but only a small amount) or a small amount of denatured alcohol ("methylated spirits", here in Australia) should be all that's needed. Try and steer clear of using plain water and other additives as this could very well promote galvanic corrosion which will be the death of the system if it occurs especially if components are a mix of aluminium and copper. It's also better not to add any colouring (though it looks good) as discolouration is usually the first hint that the system needs to be flushed and this should be done on a regular basis (about every 3-4 months) to be sure that the system runs efficiently. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

As I suggested in Your OTHER thread, if you get a liquid flowing at 10, 20, or 30 degrees below celcius, that will kick the CRAP out of any peltier, and putting one in would only act as an insulator, warming your processor up. And stacking Peltier's does not add efficiency either, unless you are using an Air cooled heatsink.

Comment

Re: Review my cooling system plz

I own both the `12TEC Boreas and the Freezone Elite. i did some modding to the Boreas,changed the heatsinks and VGA water blocks and drained their coolent and added Fluid XP + Ultra which is Noe-Conductive,non-toxic,non- corrosive and also has scale zapper. This is what i would suggest that you use in case you ever have a leak nothing will get ruined. It does come in diff colors.

Comment

Re: Review my cooling system plz

Originally posted by Doctor_Death View Post
          I own both the `12TEC Boreas and the Freezone Elite. i did some modding to the Boreas,changed the heatsinks and VGA water blocks and drained their coolent and added Fluid XP + Ultra which is Noe-Conductive,non-toxic,non- corrosive and also has scale zapper. This is what i would suggest that you use in case you ever have a leak nothing will get ruined. It does come in diff colors.
          I think that you're about 6 years to late with that reply.

Comment

Working...
          X