Overclock a 4600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclock a 4600

Is it useless to try and oc a 4600 with no extra cooling to the mem etc...? What is the best software to use for tweaking the sucker...?

Burn baby burn...

:flames:

Not that i'm sure it is possible to clock a Creative card but would like to try...

Comment

The Ti4600's are close to their peak but ya maybe lucky to get up to about a 10% o/c. Head over to The Guru of 3D and get either the GeForce Tweak Utility or the nVHardPage as these are both good utilities for o/c'n and tweakin' so long as ya not using WHQL drivers. They also have one of the best ranges of drivers available. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thx man...

:shoot3:

Comment

Which Ti4600 are you wanting to overclock? Why not add additional cooling? Even a card fan could help.

Comment

RivaTuner is also a good utility to try.

:wave:

Comment

The card i'm talking about is a Creative Gf4 Ti4600.
              The only cooling on the card is the gpu fan, whitch btw is designed to blow air on the 4 memory chipsets as well as the gpu...

:rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                pcmkr[/size]]
                RivaTuner is also a good utility to try.
                :wave:
                The reason I left that out was because it's a little dated atm with support only up to 23.11 Dets officially where the other two support much higher. : peace2:

Comment

Wiggo - I heard that Riva has been updated.:cool:

Comment

Ah so it has but ya have to go to the bottom of the page there to find that out which is stupid as most ppl will read the top and see the support list and bolt. :thumb:

Comment

Did some overclocking this morning with my vid card. Using RivaTuner and 30.30 drivers I got the core up to 327MHz and mem up to 724MHz. Gave me about 400-500 point increase in 3DMark score. I wrote down the score somewhere. It was around 11,450 I think. It's really hot in my room though. Bet I will get it higher in the winter ;)
                      Next time I'll get a screenshot so everyone believes me :laugh:

:cheers:

Comment

i think this link will answer most of your questions.

Comment

Thanks for the link :thumb:

Comment

np pcmkr
                            btw i'm getting my mobo tommorow so wish me luck.

Comment

The Geforce tweak utility tells me that my card is running at
                              300 core and 660 mem, is this memspeed really accurate?

Comment

Working...
                              X