publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publicity

Was wondering what 'yall thought about the publicity that kiddnappings are gettting lately.Exs: Samantha Runion,precious Doe,(my theory on how to figure out who she was: take DNA samples from missing little African American girl's parents from all ovr the nation and compare it to hers.Wala! 95% chance you'll have a match up) Lancaster case(although it was neatly solved. The guy looked like a giant sewer rat, too.)

I have heard alot about that.... and it makes me sick!!! Why people in this world do suck harrible things is beyond me!! The reason the parents dont come forward is because they are probably the person's that did the crime!! But I'll tell you this what really makes me sick is the Church ****.... (I call it **** because that is what it pretty much is is ****) They can molest a child once and get away with it but the second time then what???? personally they should castrate them the first time and not worry about the second!!!

Comment

Dlab'sDaughter,
      I'm not so sure that it is publicity as much as it is sensationalism from the newspapers. News people of today will do anything to help boost ratings of either their newspaper or their news channel. Even if it means bringing out the absolute worst in others or totally ruins another's life, it's all good in the name of that Holy 1st Amendment. Maybe if someone were to take their lives and put it under a scope, they might learn restraint instead of their no holds barred attitude.

StormyWeather,
      We try not to use the Forums here as a place to thrash other's beliefs, but if you're looking for a debate of some sort then so be it; I'm here. By denouncing religion as a whole because of the vile actions of a very small minority, you are doing the Christian faith a serious injustice. If you need help learning the facts, then feel free to get with me.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

In something like 80% of child abduction cases statistics show a family member is the culprit. But the other cases are perpetrated by someone unknown.
        I guess if the media could help put out an alert for these freaks, I'm all for that.
        The sad part is, the FBI has been trying to get some decent coverage for years on cases like this, but few get to press because a lot of them "don't sell well".

I'm not opposed to religion, but I am totally against pedophiles.
        If the church refuses to act and as has been shown, actually cover-up incidents of child-molestation, they should be held accountable.
        Sending priests to counceling, then later declaring them "cured" and returning them to situations that expose them to children is asinine. Pedophiles can't be cured any more than gays can. Not possible.
        The church has a responsibility to the community, and they clearly droped the ball on this and have for years.

Maybe in both of these types of events the press is just getting around to doing thier job:?:
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
          Maybe in both of these types of events the press is just getting around to doing thier job:?:
          Highly unlikely. I've had the opportunity to see the press in action and it's rather disappointing. I think you hit the nail on the head earlier in your post Mr C when you stated that certain things don't get coverage because they don't sell well. It's a sad fact that many news people don't care for the truth... only for what sells their names and gets them higher up the food chain.

I too would like to see pedophiles treated as just what they are; criminals. Just the fact that these individuals are in a position of authority over childern makes them nothing less than animals when they take advantage of this innocence. They deserve to be put to the grindstone for their shortcomings.

On a positive note, though, is a new Amber Alert system that is spreading across the US. It is basically a series of electronic message boards that are lining some of the major highways across the nation. If a child (or anyone else for that matter) is abducted and a vehicle description or tag is known, then it is put on these boards so that travelers can keep their eyes peeled. Then they can call 911 and patrol units will respond and take care of matters. It is my understanding that it is the main thing that saved those two teenage girls in California about a week ago. Even better is the fact that it had only been in use for a few weeks when it was able to help out and show it's worth. Hopefully we can continue this trend of useful tools.
          My Toys

Comment

A lot of the time a few good tools might make all the difference.

I have to wonder sometimes - are there a higher %age of freaks this day in age, or is the "information age just better for getting word around about their activities:?:

Seems like we live in really sick times but on the other hand I doubt any of it is new, only that we find out about it.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I think you're on the money there Mr C. The scumbags have always been around, but today's new media takes pride in the morbid details more than ever. It might be different if their motivation was to help law enforcement keep them off the streets, but this normally isn't the case. :(

As an example of this, take a look at modern television. 40 years ago you wouldn't even see two people in the same bed if they were husband and wife in the show. Now I see disclaimers at the beginning of TV shows saying that some of the content may be questionable to some viewers. This just helps show how our society has degraded over the years.
              My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                Now I see disclaimers at the beginning of TV shows saying that some of the content may be questionable to some viewers.
                Seems appropriate...especially for the nightly news:laugh:

Trivia Question; What TV series was the first to depict a husband and wife retiring to the SAME bed?

Comment

Well all I can say is,

I'm glad that we don't get all that sensationalism here. : peace2:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                    Trivia Question; What TV series was the first to depict a husband and wife retiring to the SAME bed?
                    Real or animated. I had heard "The Flinstones" before, but don't know how accurate that was.
                    My Toys

Comment

Fred and Wilma had seperate beds.........sorry

Back on the subject I think this perversion is escallating, although maybe in "olden" days there was prob as much going on as now, it just wasn't talked about in "polite" circles, you know............the if we don't talk about it, it will just go away. children have no rights type of thing, in this day and age where they are considering banning parents from smacking their children I think we have gone the opposite way, focus has been put on this horrendous crime, its the same as rape.............it has been happening since time began, but again it wasn't something to be mentioned, "the shame of it all", I am afraid castration isn't severe enough, maybe nothing is.............being a mum or dad brings the horror home and unfortunately the kids pay in that way too, when I remember back to my childhood days and the freedom I had to roam the streets and countryside, I feel sorry for my kids, as I have strict restrictions on where they go and how long they can go for, and any deviation from this means a grounding. Oh what a sick society we live in now :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion

Real or animated. I had heard "The Flinstones" before, but don't know how accurate that was.
                        unh uhh, this famous show featured real actors. Like The Flintstones it did inspire a feature length film years later.

Comment

A 20 question guess Mr C :?:

Greenacres :?:

Comment

No not 20 questions LOL
                            and as it appears that 20 folks can't get interested :laugh:

it's ------(drum roll) -----The Brady Bunch

that was rather anti-climactic:zzz:

Comment

The Brady Bunch? You have to be kidding, that clean American family wouldn't dare show a double bed surely :confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X