RAM voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM voltage

What sort of voltage should RAM be ran at?, my soltek board says 2.5 is the default.

Yes 2.5 volts is the default fo DDR memory. ;)

Comment

is there any advantages/disadvantages from running a higher voltage?

Comment

Only in some cases when runnin' high frequencies though it will run hotter plus some memory likes it and others don't but all ya can do is try. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

what should you run it at if it's not hitting 2.5volts on the 2.5 setting, but it does at the 2.6v?

Comment

Are you havin' any stability problems? :?:

Comment

I have not been able to run my computer at full clock speed since I got it (easter), in my vain atempt to get it working i have got:
              new psu
              replaced Video card
              new psu
              new MoBo
              new RAM

I'm running the voltage at 2.6v (reading at 2.5v in bios last check), I have to ajust some 1 of the ram timings tonight (checked the proper one's at corsairs site), and my Video card i know is half stuffed because tv-out don't work (i'm saving up for a new one).
              I have pretty much come to the conclusion that if it's not my ram/bios settings then it's either faulty video card or cpu, which is not good either way because where i got them from has shut down (stealth technologies).

Comment

Well then up it to 2.6v then as the low voltage being reported maybe the problem but I wouldn't take it over 2.8v if the mobo is capable of more. ;)

Comment

i think i have 2.5, 2.6, 2.7
                  what if that does not work, any other sugestions on what the problem could be?
                  I'm really getting sick of having to run at 1050Mhz, i can't even put it much higher than that with out crashing! it hasn't had a big crash on me yet with the new ram, but it still is not getting through 3Dmark2001se

Comment

The only other things that I can think of is there a BIOS update for the board plus if the memory is getting low voltage then maybe the CPU is too. :?:

Comment

Got the latest bios update, i'll go home for lunch now and try some stuff anyway.

Comment

Played around with the timings and voltage settings on both the cpu and ram, still no go :mad:
                        The weird thing was the ram voltage was higher on default 2.66(ment to be 2.5) and 2.48 when it was on 2.6? go figure?
                        Could it be to do with the AGP voltage and/or settings?

Comment

Check the website and see if it gives any hints. I have Mushkin pc2400 and it says on the website that it needs to run at 2.6 instead of the default 2.5. It also says not to go above that, as you will surely fry your mem module. :flames: Try the website and see if it contains any useful info.

Good Luck
                          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
                          X